CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   liberty of seas cabin choice (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/345789-liberty-seas-cabin-choice.html)

wilsonzoo4 January 30th, 2008 07:39 PM

liberty of seas cabin choice

first time cruiser.....myself, husband and 12 & 18 yr old sons. I've booked superior ocean view with balcony. Will these cabins really accommodate four people? Can my sons sleep comfortable on the fold out sofa? Should I book two rooms instead? Thanks for any replies.

thecruisequeen January 30th, 2008 08:33 PM

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising. Your boys should be fine with the sofa. I usually take the inside cabin with bunk beds and my boys 12&16 are fine with that. The kids are so busy in the day and evening by the time it is bedtime the kids are so tired they don't have an issue sleeping on a bunk bed or sofa.

The plus side to having two rooms is you have two bathrooms which comes in handy when everyone is trying to get ready for dinner.

I did have two rooms once but I did not care for it I found myself going back and forth between two rooms all the time even though they are right next door. It seems like everytime I was looking for something it was in the other room. Buy maybe I just did not organize my unpacking well enough. :D

Enjoy your cruise! Your boys will love the liberty!

lucy831 January 30th, 2008 08:46 PM

I personaly would book another room for them. i had both of my sons with us when they were 9 and 10 and I felt a little cramped up.

lks1165 February 3rd, 2008 01:52 PM

I just returned from Liberty jesterday and had a balcony Rm 9260. It was a good size room for 2 prople but I could not imagine 4!! I would opt for a suite. They are much roomier!!

sistagoldenhair February 3rd, 2008 06:28 PM

I have sailed with my 2 sons, 16 & 18 and I booked a separate cabin near by for them. I personally think the cabins are too small (and only one bathroom) for 4 people.

wilsonzoo4 February 3rd, 2008 10:30 PM

Thanks for your response. I have decided to get two cabins. Originally I had booked superior ocean view with a balcony. I have decided on two promenade cabins side by side. What are your thoughts?

ready2gonow February 3rd, 2008 10:40 PM

The cabins side by side is an excellent choice. Teenage boys will need their own bed! When packing, be sure to pack toiletries for each bath. You should also be able to get a "spare" room key, so you can gain access to their cabin.

I know everyone will love the cruise! It is a wonderful family vacation.

wilsonzoo4 February 3rd, 2008 10:43 PM

It is our first cruise. I started out planning a 3 or 4 day bahama.....then thought why not go for 7. Had a hard time making a choice...western or eastern caribbean. Decided eastern this time and western next time. I've heard good things about promenade cabins. I know the extra room and bathroom booking two cabins will be worth it. It will make the first cruise experience a good one.

gogators February 22nd, 2008 06:06 PM

You made the right choice to get two rooms. If this is your first cruise you WILL be disappointed with the size of the rooms. Cruise rooms are MUCH smaller than even the cheapest hotel rooms. That said, you don't spend too much time in your room so its not a big deal. You will want your kids to have real beds though.

If you can, see if you can get CONNECTING rooms. This is a pair of rooms with an interior door between them. Then, its like having a 2 bedroom suite. My kids are both under 8 so we need to be able to check on them, but you may like this for teenagers as well. Even if you don't check on them at night, its nice being able to open the connecting doors during the day rather than walking out into the hallway.

Have a great time on your cruise!

bainesraymond January 3rd, 2012 05:04 AM

If it is your first cruise.. personally i would like to suggest you is, it will be much better to book two cabins. I hope definitely your experience will be very good.

*** Edited to remove commercial reference***

Queen of Diamonds January 4th, 2012 01:05 PM

I think you made a good choice, the Promenade rooms are great for Parade watching and people watching. We have had balcony rooms/outside rooms but now we know how little we are actually in our rooms we generally get large inside rooms and put up with being cramped for a week in order to cruise more. Since we only sleep/shower in the cabin, and then are out and about it is not necessary for us to get something more expensive, but for a first cruise you chose well..