CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   5 or 7 day cruise for First Time Cruiser (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/345868-5-7-day-cruise-first-time-cruiser.html)

MrNavigator February 1st, 2008 08:27 AM

5 or 7 day cruise for First Time Cruiser

Hi all

I would like to hear everybody's opinion on whether for a first time cruise a 5 day one will be sufficient or should I really look at 6/7 days.

Thank you

Shaun

Donna February 1st, 2008 08:53 AM

Hi Mr. Nav.
Its mostly likely a good idea to take the shorter one first, but for the money, I think I'd also consider a 7 day cruise. Most everyone does enjoy it and sometimes the short ones are just that, too short.

thecruisequeen February 1st, 2008 09:11 AM

Hi Mr. Navigator,

A 5 niter is not a bad way to start into the world of cruising. If time off from work/school and money are an issue then a 5 niter would work out fine. However don't rule out the 7 niter either. 5 nites does go pretty fast! My first cruise I went right for the 7 niter.

I'm sure you will enjoy your 1st cruise if it is a 5 niter or 7 niter! :D :D

MrNavigator February 1st, 2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Hi Mr. Navigator,

A 5 niter is not a bad way to start into the world of cruising. If time off from work/school and money are an issue then a 5 niter would work out fine. However don't rule out the 7 niter either. 5 nites does go pretty fast! My first cruise I went right for the 7 niter.

I'm sure you will enjoy your 1st cruise if it is a 5 niter or 7 niter! :D :D

Thank you for the excellent advice, I appreciate it

thecruisequeen February 1st, 2008 09:20 AM

Any other questions you have on cruising post away. Everyone in here is very friendly and we always try to give advise to help out fellow cruisers. :D :D 8)

Have a great day!

MrNavigator February 1st, 2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Any other questions you have on cruising post away. Everyone in here is very friendly and we always try to give advise to help out fellow cruisers. :D :D 8)

Have a great day!

Thank you once again tcq - my work day is nearly over as I am in South Africa.

Have a good one yourself and weekend.

Cheerio

Mike L February 1st, 2008 10:51 AM

5 Night or 7 Night

I don't think the length of the trip matters. It is the frame of mind you have when you leave the dock. My first cruise in 97 was only 4 days and as my wife had to drag me on the ship I did not enjoy it. I had always felt like Jimmy Buffet, "I'll never see the islands from a tacky cruise ship."

In 2005 she convinced me to go again and I left open minded and had a great time and am now hooked. Our cruise in March is 8 days and I look forward to being able to do a back to back.

Whether 5 or 7 days, go looking forward to it and you will have a great time :!:

tmoret February 1st, 2008 12:01 PM

i found that a 5 night works best for new people... but like said before just keep a open mind.. Also take part in the on ship activities.

Manuel February 1st, 2008 04:21 PM

If you have the time try a 6or 7 niter, I allways have the most fun on a cruise inthe last days, and I wish it would not end.

Manuel

Trip February 1st, 2008 08:17 PM

99.99% of the people who book a 5 day cruise, are sobbing on day 4, wishing they had those few more days....Go for the gold, I say, a 7 dayer!
Whatever you decide, have a ball!

michaelandJoanne February 2nd, 2008 05:59 AM

Another option is to do a 7 day cruise that is stops in alot of ports. My firsy cruise was on the Serenade doing the southern Caribbean. We were in port every morning and sailed through the night. In my mind, at least if I didn't like cruising, I was in port from 7-5 everyday (except the last sea day). In the end, I enjoyed cruising and now choose iteneraries with equal sail/pport days.