Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:57 PM
Beginner

Default Grand Suite Question

Splurging: I have booked a Grand Suite on the Jewel of the Seas in the aft section in the corner. Can anyone tell me if this is a good choice or if I should change it to be near all the rest at mid-ship. Pro's - Con's? If anyone has any information or pictures of this cabin Deck 10, GS 1600 or the size of the balcony I would appreciate the information.

Also, is there a way to find the e-mail address of the concierge? Also, I see things about coupon books, I am a return traveler to RCI, do they send the coupon book or do I get it onboard?

Thanks for any information you can give me and happy sailing to all!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

We've been in several Grand Suites on different ships - Jewel being one of them. You won't be disappointed with the upgrade. The extra space is really nice and the bathroom is huge in comparison to the regular cabins. Just to have a large tub shower and not a time capsule shower stall is a welcome change. Nice Bose soundsystem with the TV too. We like to have breakfast on the double wide balcony.

As for the aft cabin...I've never been in one but heard that many like it. The one con that I see is that it's a hike from the stairs / elevators. We like to have our cabins more centrally located so if you need to make a quick stop back in the cabin during the day it's not that bad.

The email for the concierge would be something that RCI could provide you. They have a standard email setup (**_concierge@rccl.com)....just not sure what 2 letters (shown as *) they use for Jewel.

The coupon books are for Crown and Anchor members - so as long as you register as a C&A Member they will be in your cabin on the first day when you check in.

Enjoy!

Adventure-12/03 S.Carib;Explorer-12/04 W.Carib;Jewel-12/05 W.Carib;Serenade-7/06 Alaska;Rhapsody-12/06 E.Carib;Adventure-12/07 S.Carib;Radiance-10/08 Pan.Canal;Splendour-8/09 Greece;Oasis-8/10 W.Carib;Navigator-12/10 W. Carib;Liberty-2/11 W.Carib;Mariner-6/11 Med.;Brilliance-2/13 E.Carib.
Old February 6th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Captain

Default Aft Cabins

We were in an aft cabin (9256) on our last cruise, and loved it. Our balcony was much larger than a standard balcony. Granted, it's a hike to the centrum area, but unless you have a mobility problem, it's no big deal. We're booked in an aft cabin for our b2b cruises in March, and again in 9256 on the Jewel in October. Personally, I wouldn't move.
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Captain

Besides the walk there are 2 cons to 1600 (have been inside it twice but never stayed in it);

1-It is not shaped like the other "GS" cabins so the layout is different. Makes it seem smaller.

2- You are right below the Windjammer outside dining area and people do scrape their chairs sitting down etc. This is only on warm weather cruises.

To the good stuff, we LOVE the walk (have also been in 9256 on the Jewel) and the view from the HUGE balcony. I'd book it in a heartbeat but just wanted to answer you as fairly as possible.

Off to pack for the "Splendour" to South America >>>>>>>
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Beginner

Thanks for your answers. I am going to take a chance and stay with this room. Looking forward to the large balcony.

Robbie H - you said you have been inside it, do you know if it is a wrap-around balcony or just on the end?

Thanks