Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
First Mate

Default RCL LIBERTY OF THE SEAS PROMENADE CABIN

I'm thinking of booking one of the inside cabins over looking the promenade on RCL Liberty of the Seas. Has anyone booked this type of cabin? I'm concerned about the noise level from below - can you hear through the glass?

Thanks in advance!
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
First Mate

Seems like everybody is asking about the promenade cabins lately. since nobody has responded yet, I'll give you my two cents. I have stayed in promenade cabins on the Liberty, freedom and Explorer. I personally prefer them. There is not noise from below except during the parade I suppose, but I'm only in the cabin to change and sleep.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM
First Mate

Thanks - if I end up booking on Liberty - I am going for the Promenade cabin. I was leaning towards it since it is a bit larger then the other inside cabins.
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old February 4th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Passenger

You will enjoy the promenade cabins. I book them and LOVE them. Just last week I booked the 8/30 sailing of Liberty and booked cabin 6311. I always book cabins overlooking the Cafe Promenade but the best location on this ship was the Ben and Jerry Suite/Sweet (6305)! Since I didn't want two cow outside my window I went a couple of cabins down and apparently will still have some view............not the best but better than nothing.

Only once on Mariner did I have a problem with noise and that was when one of the shows (Dancing thru the 60's) had to be moved indoors due to rain. It was over by around midnight.

Just be real careful when you book that you don't get above bars. They are open late and if you're on Deck 6 (which I prefer) you can hear music. Above any of the retail shops is okay since they close early and don't have the music.

Have a great time!
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Beginner

Default booked a promenade

I booked one for my cruise on Liberty for march 2009. I had one on the Mariner last year and just loved it. I believe it's 6579. I don't know if I should try to get more in the middle or stay where I am. Any suggestions???
Old February 5th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Passenger

Dutch, it appears that your room is more over the Hoof & Claw Pub. It's hard to say for sure since I'm trying to measure the distance on my computer from one point to another and flipping to different screens. If you have an RCCL book that shows the deck plans you might could tell more, otherwise I would contact your TA or RCCL directly and ask them. If you're over the Logo Souvenirs or the General store there shouldn't be a problem, I just wouldn't be above the bars/clubs.
Old February 7th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Chejo,

The way I always tell where my cabin is in relation to bars, clubs, etc is to find stairwells. Figure out the distance with a ruler from the stairs on one floor to distance on another. Hopefully that helps.

As for promenade cabins ... I have never had one, but it does seem interesting. Usually I go the cheap route and get a standard inside cabin. Maybe the upgrade fairy will give me a promenade cabin in the future.
Old February 7th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Passenger

Yes, that is pretty much the way that I do it also........usually from the elevators since they are on each floor.

Try the promenade cabins some time, you'll love them. Sometimes late at night when we've gone back to our room but just not ready, quite yet to turn in, I just sit and watch the people. Gotta try it!
Old February 18th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Beginner

My husband and I and our 19 month old daughter stayed in a Promenade room and it was perfect! The only noise we heard was from the parade one night, but it was only one night. Another bonus- we were able to put our daughter to bed and take the baby monitor with us right downstairs to the Pig & Whistle (on Voyager of the Seas). We have another Promenade room booked for our family of 4 now (daughter is now 5 and son will be 15 months at time of cruise) and are looking forward to it. Not sure that we'll leave the kids in the room alone this time though. Another bonus- the lights in the Promenade reflect what it's really like outside! You can actually rise with the "sun"!