Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Passenger

Default Help please, hotel/shuttle/taxi

I have posted this on another board so if any of you have already read this I apologize, but I REALLY need some help.

I have been reading and reading and reading and have gotten more confused the more that I read. My husband and I are sailing out of Miami for the first time. I have really been disappointed to learn that there are no park and ride hotels, few have shuttles to and from the port and I have read so many negatives concerning them. Here are my questions..........

1. What do you do when you arrive a day ahead of time? Do you rent a car from the airport to drive to your hotel (or wherever) for one day and then return it to the airport the next morning and catch a taxi from the airport to the cruiseport?

2. Do you get a shuttle to pick you up at the airport (if one is available) from the hotel and then taxi the next morning to the cruiseport?

3. If you have booked through a travel agent, can you go through RCCL to book airfare in order to catch the RCCL shuttle from the airport to cruiseport. Next question concerning that is......IF you arrive a day early will they (RCCL) still pick you up and take you to your hotel? At that point I suppose you're on your own the get to the cruiseport.

I'm just really confused now that we've booked because there are just SO MANY more obstacles and expense to cruising from Miami (it seems). I've never cruised without having my car waiting for me when I return and we've decided that it will be cheaper to fly than drive.

Anyone out there who cruises from the Miami port can you give me your secrets? I would appreciate it greatly.
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2008, 05:35 PM
First Mate

It is really an easy port to fly into. You arrive a day early, get a taxi outside the terminal to your hotel. next morning, 11am or so, taxi to the cruise port. When you return, taxi back to the airport.
Old February 9th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Taxi rates are a flat rate to Miami zones. If you get a hotel in downtown, near Bayside MarketPlace (which I recoommend) the taxi fare is $24 plus tip PER TAXI , not person. - To the pier the next day from that area a taxi will cost you around $15 including tip.

Spend the evening at Bayside Market Place .. LOTS to see and do, and plenty of places to eat.

Booking air through the cruise lines will almost ALWAYS cost you more, and you have no control of flight times, or routing. Book yourself, pay less, and choose your times.

If you book air with the cruise line, to get transfers included, a day early you also have to book the hotel thru them.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Beginner

I am just staying at the Miami Internation Airport Hotel. This works out really well because our flight gets in really late the night before and the hotel is at the terminal. Then we can just take a taxi from the airport to the cruise port. I read that it is only about 6 miles.