CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Vision OTS, Puerto Vallarta (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/346454-vision-ots-puerto-vallarta.html)

Idaho Spuds February 10th, 2008 07:52 PM

Vision OTS, Puerto Vallarta

Has anyone been into Puerto Vallarta on the Vision of the Seas when there is another ship in port? We've always visited there on Princess ships and we've always docked (never tendered). In April we'll be there on The Vision and wondered if anyone has tendered?

blueliner February 10th, 2008 08:35 PM

Re: Vision OTS, Puerto Vallarta

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idaho Spuds
Has anyone been into Puerto Vallarta on the Vision of the Seas when there is another ship in port? We've always visited there on Princess ships and we've always docked (never tendered). In April we'll be there on The Vision and wondered if anyone has tendered?

I was in PV on the Vision OTS in October 06 with a Princess ship. We were docked, not tendered.

Idaho Spuds February 10th, 2008 08:42 PM

Thanks, Scott. According to the Cruise Calendar, it's just The Vision and a Princess ship scheduled, so it looks like we can both dock. Sounds good. Love PV.

blueliner February 11th, 2008 12:29 PM

No prob! The Vision OTS is my fav ship! I loved our cruise to Mexico on her. We had the best time in PV. The Vision OTS doesn't depart until midnight from PV, so we went to a great restaurant called "The River Cafe" underneath the PV bridge after spending the day at a resort beach. It was the best food I ever ate in Mexico, it was spectacular! Also, PV had a fire works show that night as the ship pulled out. PV on the Vision OTS was without a doubt one of the best days and ports-of-call I ever had on a cruise!

Enjoy! If i can provide any other info to make your cruise better, just ask!

Idaho Spuds February 11th, 2008 05:33 PM

In the brochure, it says we go out of PV at 8pm? You were there till midnight? We're treating ourselves to a Grand Suite (first time ever) this cruise. Do you know anything about them? We're still snowed in here in Idaho -- so dreams of the cruise help =)

blueliner February 11th, 2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idaho Spuds
In the brochure, it says we go out of PV at 8pm? You were there till midnight? We're treating ourselves to a Grand Suite (first time ever) this cruise. Do you know anything about them? We're still snowed in here in Idaho -- so dreams of the cruise help =)

I guess RCI has changed the itinerary since we sailed to Mexico in 06. We were in PV until 11:30pm actually, and had to be back onboard by 11pm.

While on our second Vision OTS cruise, we sailed to Alaska and had a Junior Suite with a wrap around balcony on the aft part of the ship. The suites are beautiful, you get a full bath tub, not a shower. The balcony had so much room on it, the largest we ever had. We also had a bit more closet space in the suite.

Idaho Spuds February 11th, 2008 11:11 PM

Thanks, Scott. It all sounds wonderful. We can't wait!