CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Norwegian vs. Royal Caribbean? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/346954-norwegian-vs-royal-caribbean.html)

plfington February 19th, 2008 01:31 AM

Norwegian vs. Royal Caribbean?

Has anyone been on both Norwegian and Royal Caribbean? I have only ever cruised with Royal Caribbean but I see that Norwegian is offering a Bermuda cruise with a longer stay in Bermuda. I'd love to hear from someone who has cruised with both - comparisons? Many thanks!

skymaster February 19th, 2008 08:26 AM

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I have sailed both lines quite a lot, and frankly, I don't find a lot of difference in the food from one line to the other. If anything, it varies more from one ship to the other, but once again, that's a matter of taste. Unless you're a real "foodaholic", I don't think you'll object to the food on either line. I'd certainly not make that the deciding factor on booking one cruise over the other.

Ken
"SkyMaster"

pop66ma February 19th, 2008 07:04 PM

We have cruised both lines.I like the set seating on RCCL.With NCL and the free style dining I have had very slow service and We have missed a lot of the shows.We sailed the Spirit and the Dawn the better service was on the Spirit.On the Dawn we had to wait an hour for a table to eat.This was my only downfall with NCL.

quincy February 22nd, 2008 05:27 AM

we have sailed twice on ncl and once on rccl. we preferred rccl. we weren't crazy about the freestyling seating. The ship was beautiful and the food was good and the people we met were great. But after going on rccl we booked another cruise this april on the mariner. It's nice to sail on different cruise lines. But, what one cruise line has that you like, another might not have that. I love cruising so it's hard to choose a favorite although celebrity was right up there with rccl. When we sail we have a good time and enjoy our week. have fun, quincy

isabelrushton February 23rd, 2008 08:19 AM

It is good that there are many options in cruising. We have done 15 cruises and sailed on 6 different lines but keep returning to NCL because we love the huge variety of dining options on the newer ships and the fact that it is flexible time dining. Princess is our second choice but their ships don't offer the variety of dining venues even though they have a personal choice time option. We are back on RCI in October because of the date and itinerary. I'm sure we will have a great time but I'm really not looking forward to traditional seating.

linnealee February 25th, 2008 03:09 PM

I have been on both and prefer NCL, but would rather go on RCCL than Carnival. I like having the option to eat when I want and not with the same boring people & the same restaurant every night. I also hate the assigned time so I don't have to rush back on board when it is a port day.

ringo March 3rd, 2008 03:06 AM

toss up in my opinion

Sassy2005 March 4th, 2008 01:03 AM

I think it's absolutely hillarious that whenever someone wants to compare two different cruiselines everyone automatically starts comparing food/dinging. As if there isn't ANYTHING else but food to do with cruising!!!! Perhaps this is why our nation is overweight.

10cruisessofar March 4th, 2008 01:45 PM

We prefer RCCL over NCL. We've had better service, the employees were friendlier and overall like RCCL's ships better. And, yeah, if I wanted to be picky, the food IS better on RCCL IMO.

yellosno March 4th, 2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy2005
I think it's absolutely hillarious that whenever someone wants to compare two different cruiselines everyone automatically starts comparing food/dinging. As if there isn't ANYTHING else but food to do with cruising!!!! Perhaps this is why our nation is overweight.

ditto

Animal Rights March 5th, 2008 12:51 AM

:D LOYAL TO ROYAL! :D

Texasmunk March 6th, 2008 07:21 PM

The difference!

NCL forces tipping..does that give you any indication of service levels??

NCL had to drop two ships from Hawaii, does that give you any indication of customer datisfaction????

NCL used to get Suzan and I three times a year, now RCI gets our $$$$

If you have low or no expectations, jump on NCL

erikhag March 7th, 2008 02:00 AM

RCCL forces tipping too.

NCL and NCL America is NOT the same thing.