Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:40 PM
Passenger

Default RADIANCE TO HAWAII

Was just on the "Cruise Critic" Web site and was not impressed by the bad reviews of this ship and going to the islands. Of the islands and excursions, it is not unlikely that the ports of calls are changed and therefore excursions are cancelled. It happens more often than not. Not thrilled by this. I hear that the food is average and the service and rooms are also not up to par. Has anyone been on this ship recently that would make me feel a little better. This is "THE" cruise that I have been looking forward to, now I don't know. Be honest. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2008, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I was on the Radiance a couple of years ago. And her sister the Brilliance last year. And sailed Hawaii on another sister ship, the Serenade a yr or two before that.

I actually think these are the nicest RCI ships. I much prefer them to the Voyager and Freedom Class ships!

I wouldn't worry at all! I think sometimes the folks on the other site take their name "Critic" to literally, as assume they have to criticize
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:33 PM
First Mate

Been on the Radiance three time. It is a great ship, just go and have a good time. Let the people that want to complain about the coffee being too strong or some other nonsense cast a dark cloud over their own lives. Your job is to party on .
Old February 21st, 2008, 08:46 PM
Admiral

The Radiance OTS is my favorite ship in the RCI fleet. She is very beautiful. Plenty of glass accents. She is awsomely beautiful. I have also been on her sister ship the Serenade OTS. I think the Radiance class ships are the most beautiful. RCI's food is also very good. Go and enjoy your cruise. Create some lifelong memories.
Old February 21st, 2008, 09:53 PM
Beginner

Sailing on the Radience to Hawaii on Oct. 11. Let me know how you liked the cruise. Best place for Luau is in Maui. One is very close to the tendered port.
Have a great time. Cruised with RCCL 16xs
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:23 AM
Passenger

Thank you all for your comments. You have made me feel much better. I am soooooo excited about cruising to Hawaii. My dream trip.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Passenger

I have been on Raidance three times. Two of the cruises were 14 night cruises. Cruised to Hawaii on her in 2006 on a 14 night cruise. It was wonderful. She is a beautiful ship and you will love her. The service was great and the food good. You will always have complainers...and as far as I am concerned they should just stay at home. Have a great cruise.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Passenger

HERE! HERE! THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 01:54 PM
First Mate

Agree with all of the above posters...... cannot tell you how many cruisers have told me Radiance is their favorite ship ever.... can't wait to book a cruise on her and see for myself.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Passenger

I wonder if there is a way I can find out near the day of departure is the Radiance has decided to change their ports of call route so that my excursions that I will be booking before I go won't be cancelled which will leave me pretty devastated. I think this will probably be my only trip to Hawaii since I am coming from middle of Canada and it is a long wayto travel before I get on the ship and expensive to boot.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:02 PM
First Mate

It has been my experience that most port changes are weather related. I remember the entrance to the port on Kaui is quit narrow and sometimes if the seas are too big they cannot safely enter. You can always call the 800 number and ask ? Remember, don't stress over things you have no control over.