Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Beginner

Default San Juan Debarkation

We are sailing AOS in Jan '09 and want to know what is the earliest time to book a departing flight. My travel agent says noon, Royal Caribbean says 10:00 am. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2008, 01:45 PM
First Mate

Default San Juan

I would trust the travel agent. I asked the same question recently about a 10:00 am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale and the concensus was to take a later flight.

Tulum Mexico Resort Reviews

Splendour of the Seas 97
Veendam 05
Westerdam 06
Serenade of the Seas 07
Liberty of the Seas 07
Jewel of the Seas 08
Westerdam 09
Volendam 09
Solstice 10
Solstice 10
Caribbean Princess 11
Nieuw Amsterdam 11
Oasis of the Seas 12
Queen Elizabeth 12
Eurodam 13
Carnival Valor 13
Constellation 14
Old February 28th, 2008, 06:23 PM
First Mate

I wouldn't book anything before noon. San Juan airport can be a big hassle.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old February 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would play it safe and book something around noon, not much before..

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

10am- no way! You begin disembarkation about 7:30 am... and it takes FOREVER to get through the San Juan customs. Seriously, those customs people are in NO HURRY!! I sailed 2 months ago out of San Juan on Empress and mind you- that is the smallest RCI ship (the least amount of passengers). They called us by color as usual- earliest flights first.. cattled us into the theatre and we waited at least 45 minutes before we were allowed to get in line to disembark... then once in line they put us in two lines Us and Canada to the right, international to the left.. Im not sure if they forgot to tell the right line it was our turn or what, but atleast 200 people walked by us before our line moved!! finally we leave to go through customs and its like night and day! The ship crew were so damn happy and these people are so miserable looking! Getting through customs waiting on the line just took forever... granted once outside, the cabs are lined up, never ending. So getting a cab is no problem.. the air port is about 20 minutes away... and then check in.. since you should be there no less than one hour prior- getting to the airport at 9 am is NOT likely!

I have learned a lesson... I book a late flight, ignore the announcement when my color is called and enjoy myself by the pool until the very last minute. I sail the Empress out of San Juan on Friday- 2 more days!!!!!!!!

Our flight is at 6pm! and I wouldnt want it a minute earlier!