Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Beginner

Default Liberty of the Sea Decks

Hi, I am thinking of going on LOS in June. The only available oceanview cabins (Categories I and H) are on Decks 2 and 3. Is it too low and will it affect anything like noise or motion?

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Old February 29th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Hi Dimitry,

I'm also on the LOS in June and also on Deck 2. The higher up you go in deck the more motion you feel so being on deck 2 would be less motion then higher up.

Noise wise I don't think a lower deck would be more noisy then higher. I think depending maybe on location of cabin. I've been cruising on deck 2 thru deck 9 and noise was never a problem in any cabin I had.

I do however prefer to be on around deck 6/7 kind of in the middle of dining room and pool area and close to the promenade.

But deck 2 is all that is available for me so I will take it! 8)

enjoy your cruise!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 29th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Passenger

It depends upon where the rooms are located. Decks 2 and 3 have a lot of activities hapening on them. And, will likely be very noisy.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...vigation=false

Attached the URL to the LOS decks, click on levels 2 and 3 to see for yourself. And, make the appropriate determinations that work for you.

The Liberty of the Seas is a stunning ship. I'm sailing on her 10/25. I love to have a great time and enjoy the action. But, I wouldn't book decks 2 or 3.....I grow horns, fangs, and claws if I do not get a goods night rest.....so the DH tells me

“The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.��? --Jacques Cousteau
Old February 29th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Hi Dimitry,

The higher up you go in deck the more motion you feel so being on deck.

enjoy your cruise!
That's true CQ. But the noise factor needs to be considered. It all depends on where the rooms left are located. And, I suspect their next to on air club, studio B, or theater on deck 3. Or ice show on deck 2, and then on deck 2 you have to consider what is directly above you on 3 too.

It all depends upon if one is a light sleeper and being impacted by noise. I am definetly one of them

“The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.��? --Jacques Cousteau
Old March 1st, 2008, 07:51 AM
Admiral

On one of my Freedom trips I had a cabin by the disco and never heard a thing and I'm a very very light sleeper.

On LOS my cabin is below the dining room. I have had friends that stayed below the dining room and did not hear a thing however just because they did not hear does not mean I won't hear. In the cabins I have had anywhere from deck 2 on up middle of the ship, back of the ship, by the elevators, by the disco the only noise I had heard is people passing by in the hallways. Maybe up until now I just have been lucky.

But I already have plan B in place just in case under the dining room is noisy a couple of extra Long Island Ice teas right before bedtime!

I could always catch up on sleep when I get home! I have a feeling no matter what cabin type/location I'm in I won't be getting much sleep on the LOS! 8)

Happy cruising everyone! 8)

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:18 AM
Passenger

Quote:
On one of my Freedom trips I had a cabin by the disco and never heard a thing and I'm a very very light sleeper.

But I already have plan B in place just in case under the dining room is noisy a couple of extra Long Island Ice teas right before bedtime!

I could always catch up on sleep when I get home! I have a feeling no matter what cabin type/location I'm in I won't be getting much sleep on the LOS! 8)

ROFL at the Long Island Ice teas.......last time I had a few of those I did everything but dance on the table with a lamp shade on my head

I bring my small air purifier with me now on vacation; both land and sea. And, it isn't for the purification of the air by any means.....the hum of the motor drowns out back ground noise and lets me sleep just about any where. I'm hooked even here at home. It's how my 18 and 19 y/o sons can have a dozen friends at the house during the weekend. And, I don't hear a thing when sleeping with the purfier on

Old March 1st, 2008, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfster
Quote:

ROFL at the Long Island Ice teas.......last time I had a few of those I did everything but dance on the table with a lamp shade on my head

I bring my small air purifier with me now on vacation; both land and sea. And, it isn't for the purification of the air by any means.....the hum of the motor drowns out back ground noise and lets me sleep just about any where. I'm hooked even here at home. It's how my 18 and 19 y/o sons can have a dozen friends at the house during the weekend. And, I don't hear a thing when sleeping with the purfier on
That is an excellent idea air purifier for both cabin and home as I too have two teenage boys like to play video games late with the volume high!

Sounds like you know the feeling of Long Island Ice Teas! And I do like to dance on the table and I think I look better with a lamp shade on my head!

I hope the crew or fellow passengers do not throw me overboard!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:00 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfster
Quote:

That is an excellent idea air purifier for both cabin and home as I too have two teenage boys like to play video games late with the volume high!

Sounds like you know the feeling of Long Island Ice Teas! And I do like to dance on the table and I think I look better with a lamp shade on my head!

I hope the crew or fellow passengers do not throw me overboard!

wooooo hooo you go girl! That's what a vaction is all about....having a great time and cutting loose! High fives to CQ dancing on the table

Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Passenger

Default Consider Ear Plugs

One thing you should pack with you if you are concerned about the noise is some earplugs. You can get them at any drugstore for $5 or so for a pack of about 10. I am a rather light sleeper and since I have young kids, we try to get to bed far earlier than average cruisers do. So when we are 1-2 hours into sleep, most others are just coming back to the room. People seem to think that if THEY are awake, everyone ELSE is too, so they are noisy walking back to their room. All that said, with my earplugs in, nothing wakes me up. My favorite are the orange wax ones that kids use for swimming. I push them in rather hard so that I can feel them create a vacuum in my ear. At that point, I can hardly even hear our own TV.

I don't travel anywhere without them now.

Have a great time on your cruise.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Consider Ear Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
One thing you should pack with you if you are concerned about the noise is some earplugs. You can get them at any drugstore for $5 or so for a pack of about 10. I am a rather light sleeper and since I have young kids, we try to get to bed far earlier than average cruisers do. So when we are 1-2 hours into sleep, most others are just coming back to the room. People seem to think that if THEY are awake, everyone ELSE is too, so they are noisy walking back to their room. All that said, with my earplugs in, nothing wakes me up. My favorite are the orange wax ones that kids use for swimming. I push them in rather hard so that I can feel them create a vacuum in my ear. At that point, I can hardly even hear our own TV.

I don't travel anywhere without earplugs either. I'm finding that they don't stay in my ear the whole nite and I find them on the bed or floor in the morning however I have been using the foam type. I will try the ones you use.

P.S. I like your name my son's soccer team is Gators so I'm always shouting GOGATORS!

Elfster - I hope we did not scare away Dimitry with the talk on dancing on tables with lamp shades on?

Dimitry - If deck 2 or 3 is the only floors available for you I would not think twice in booking a cabin on those floors. LOS is a wonderful ship no matter where your cabin is located you will have a great time.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 2nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Familiar Face

elfster, what type of air purifier do you have? Make and model. How big is it? I am interested... sounds like a good idea
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
First Mate

I just sailed on this ship two weeks ago (Feb. 16-23) and one of my friends had a cabin on the 3rd floor, pretty much in the middle of everything. You couldn't hear anything! RCI did a great job at sound proofing the rooms!
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
Beginner

Thanks for your replies
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy831
elfster, what type of air purifier do you have? Make and model. How big is it? I am interested... sounds like a good idea
The following is the Honeywell we use in our bedrooms.

http://www.allergybegone.com/honeywe...cid=C11639x019

And this is the one we take with us on vacation; a smaller portable unit.

http://www.allergybegone.com/honeywe...cid=C11639x019

Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:57 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators

I don't travel anywhere without earplugs either. I'm finding that they don't stay in my ear the whole nite and I find them on the bed or floor in the morning however I have been using the foam type. I will try the ones you use.

P.S. I like your name my son's soccer team is Gators so I'm always shouting GOGATORS!

Elfster - I hope we did not scare away Dimitry with the talk on dancing on tables with lamp shades on?

Dimitry - If deck 2 or 3 is the only floors available for you I would not think twice in booking a cabin on those floors. LOS is a wonderful ship no matter where your cabin is located you will have a great time.
I have ridden motorcycles all my life and always use ear plugs. The best foam plug and most comfortable is call "HEAROS". You can find them in motorcycle shops, very soft and will not come out.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellosno
I have ridden motorcycles all my life and always use ear plugs. The best foam plug and most comfortable is call "HEAROS". You can find them in motorcycle shops, very soft and will not come out.
Thanks Yellosno I'll check it out! I prefer the foam better now if they would stay in the ears all evening that would be a plus!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas