Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Passenger

Default Mariner of the Seas help & advise wanted

My 18 year old daughter and I are taking our first RCL cruise on the Mariner of the Seas Easter Caribbean for her graduation gift. I'd love to hear from anyone who has recently sailed on this ship. Any advise on room numbers, dining, entertainment, etc. etc. : I'd love to hear it all.....
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

What is the date of your sailing?

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Passenger

July 20-27. Can't wait....
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Beginner

I just came back on Feb 24th with my 23 and 15 yr old son. You are going to have a great time with your daughter. Make sure you go to "the quest" in the evening. Bring shoelaces, a spare bra, hard candy, a $20 bill and spare change. I won't tell you anymore, but you will have a good laugh. If you go to St. Thomas, I would suggest going online and searching for Godfrey in St. Thomas. For only $25 he bring you shopping, to a beach, and gives you a complete tour and history of the island. He will bring you to the highest point (Mountain Top). Be sure to have a Bananna Daquiri. The ship is gorgeous. Lower levels give you quick access to the ice show, evening shows and the promenade deck which is where the shopping is along with food until 3 am. The higher decks will give you quick access to the pool, spa and fitness center. Have fun
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Mariner of the Seas help & advise wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by linco711
My 18 year old daughter and I are taking our first RCL cruise on the Mariner of the Seas Easter Caribbean for her graduation gift. I'd love to hear from anyone who has recently sailed on this ship. Any advise on room numbers, dining, entertainment, etc. etc. : I'd love to hear it all.....
Were on the Mariner Jan 6 to 20. If you have any questions just ask. I have scanned copies of the Compass avaiable for emailing. Both Eastern and Western .

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old March 7th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Passenger

Thanks for all your info.....I love hearing from all who have done this cruise. I'm getting very excited.
Old March 7th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I will be onboard March 30th for the Eastern and as always, will post pictures when I get back. Look for them! 8)

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:20 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopydozer
Quote:
Were on the Mariner Jan 6 to 20. If you have any questions just ask. I have scanned copies of the Compass avaiable for emailing. Both Eastern and Western .
Hi,
I would appreciate if you could email me a copy of the Compass for Eastern.

Thanks
Connie
Old March 23rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
First Mate

Linco, I have personally been on Mariner of the Seas three times. Twice when I was 15 and once when I was 17. Let me tell you, it is the time of a life for a teenager/young adult. The dance club is so fun, the amenities are great, and there is a plethora of other teens and quality people. If you/she has any specific questions regarding ANYTHING about the experience, shoot me a PM or post.

Also, here is a great review that goes in good detail that you and your daughter may enjoy reading. It was posted today by Ryan Neal, a teen cruiser who just got back from Mariner of the Seas

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=592761

Good Luck!
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopydozer
Quote:
Would love to see copies of the compass for the Eastern sailing. Will PM you. Thanks.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old April 2nd, 2008, 07:40 PM
Beginner

Took 3 teenage girls (17,18,19) in January 08...needless to say they are ready to go again. they even enjoyed all the shows which we were not too impresed with. a HINT...get ice show tickets as soon as available. will see available @ certian times, but check the fine print in the daily criuseletter-they were giving them out on Monday when most thought only on Tues. the ice show is GREAT. Enjoy your trip.