Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Beginner

Default Going on the Freedom of the Seas - anyone been on it?

We just started cruising a few years back and have been on 2 Carnival cruises and 2 RCL cruises - loved them all - this is the first time we have booked a BIG ship. We are going on the Freedom of the Seas Nov. 30 2008. I would love to hear the experiences people had on this ship. Also, if you want to share any good shore excursions (we are going to St. Martin, St. Thomas, and San Juan). We have 4 kids - ages 5, 8, 12, 14. We like to find one shore excursion that is good for our whole family and then we do a second one with something that is good for adults and teens and just take our 14 year old with us. Also, I was looking into the BOB thing - anyone done that? Thanks for your responses.

Lynne- first time poster here!
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Going on the Freedom of the Seas - anyone been on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgregorio
We just started cruising a few years back and have been on 2 Carnival cruises and 2 RCL cruises - loved them all - this is the first time we have booked a BIG ship. We are going on the Freedom of the Seas Nov. 30 2008. I would love to hear the experiences people had on this ship. Also, if you want to share any good shore excursions (we are going to St. Martin, St. Thomas, and San Juan). We have 4 kids - ages 5, 8, 12, 14. We like to find one shore excursion that is good for our whole family and then we do a second one with something that is good for adults and teens and just take our 14 year old with us. Also, I was looking into the BOB thing - anyone done that? Thanks for your responses.

WE are going on Freedom Sunday!!! I can't wait...Will tell you about it when we get home.

We went on a bigger ship last year...navigator I think it was nice

Majesty of the Seas 2009

Past Cruises
Freedom of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Carnival Victory
Majasty of the Seas
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgregorio

Hi Lynne,

I have sailed on the Freedom twice and loved it. Your kids are at perfect age groups and will really enjoy Freedom. The kids will love the flowrider!

As for excursions the others will have to help you out on that one as I have never done an excursion.

Enjoy your cruise!

Some of my friends on the Freedom! 8)

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I think your whole family will love Freedom of the Seas, great for traveling with the kids, especially the H2O zone and the flow rider. Be sure to catch the ice show and the Quest.

Did BOB a few years back, great expierence. Just keep in mind, you'll get about 20 minutes on BOB. You can relax, and or snorkel while you are waiting for your turn.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Freedom is a great ship, we loved sailing on her, the younger kids will love the H2O Zone, and the older ones will love the flow-rider, basketball, and the rock-climbing wall, the mini golf is fun. Take in the ice-show and don't miss the main street parades.
In San Juan a great family excursion would be to take a tour into the rainforest, this will take up a huge chunk of your day but it is amazinly beautiful.
St. Martin - we did the Golden Eagle Catamaran Sail - great family excursion, its fun, its a nice sail to a beautiful island where you can swim, snorkel, or just veg out on the beach.
Old March 14th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbriar
WE are going on Freedom Sunday!!! I can't wait...Will tell you about it when we get home.

We went on a bigger ship last year...navigator I think it was nice
Freedom is the biggest ship out of any cruise ship in the world
Old March 15th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Admiral

You (and especially your kids) will love FOS. They will also have their own swim area, the younger ones may like the water park, the older ones the flow rider. There is so much to do aboard that there will never be a dull moment. If you are beach people try a trip to Trunk Bay on St. John's while you are in St. Thomas.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old March 22nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to pead

this was my second cruise n i went inaugural season n it was still the most perfect cruise ive ever been on . i am a teen and that was the most fun ive had on or off land so far
liberty of the seas-2007
enchantment of the seas-2008
celebrity century-2008
ncl sky -september 5 2008
carnival freedom-april 11 2009

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 22nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pead
this was my second cruise n i went inaugural season n it was still the most perfect cruise ive ever been on . i am a teen and that was the most fun ive had on or off land so far
What types of things did you do on and off land so that I can tell my teenage son about it?

Thanks,
Lynne
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Passenger

just got off the Freedom yesterday. BEAUTIFUL ship, very nice crew...be sure to say hi to Melvin at Bolaros and to Cranston in the Bears and Bull Pub. They are the two best bartenders EVER

Allan the cruise director was funny but kind of full of himself. The rest of the crew was great

Shane Tapper was the entertainer at Bears and Bull and if he is there you must ask him to play ALICE

Majesty of the Seas 2009

Past Cruises
Freedom of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Carnival Victory
Majasty of the Seas
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Passenger

oh and the hot tubs for adults only that hang off the side of the ship are absolutely awesome

GREAT addition

Majesty of the Seas 2009

Past Cruises
Freedom of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Carnival Victory
Majasty of the Seas