Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Beginner

Default Sailing on Mariner for 1st Time

We are sailing on mariner in mid June for parent's 50th anniversary with extended family (ages 11 to 82!). My kids are 17 & 21. what can we expect in terms of entertainment for such a wide range of ages?
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:18 PM
First Mate

I think it's the perfect choice for such a wide age range. Between the kids programs and all of the onboard activities and options for adults, everyone should have no problem finding something to their liking. I've sailed the Mariner twice and love the ship.

Old March 18th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Beginner

Thanks! We are really excited about this trip and want to maximize the experience for everyone.
Old March 19th, 2008, 07:57 PM
First Mate

We haven't been on the Mariner YET (sail her in less than 2 weeks!), but I know there will be a rock wall, a skating rink, there is always a putting green and a basketball court. There will be musicians in various venues. There will be nightly shows. For the adults, there is Quest (a must-see/do), which is an adult scavenger hunt type of group game. I think there will be a parade.

I haven't been on this big of a ship, yet, but have been on 7 other cruises, and there is ALWAYS something to do and or see.

Be sure to read the Cruise Compass every night and highlight what you want to do the next day. If you don't mark it somehow, you may forget what you want to do!

Have a great cruise!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

There is so much for everyone to do, the kids will love it. Be sure to see the shows after dinner, especially the ice show when that is on..

Just read through your daily compass for the next days activities and plan ahead.

Most importantly, have a ball!

Message Boards Moderator