CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   FOTS moving to Port Canaveral (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/348772-fots-moving-port-canaveral.html)

FirstCoastCruiser March 20th, 2008 01:04 AM

FOTS moving to Port Canaveral

Still don't see anything on RCIs site but with them moving the Mariner, which often sells out, it only makes sense to bring in the Freedom. I am unbelievably happy over this!!! :D :D

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc.../80319018/1086

Donna March 20th, 2008 05:47 AM

It also states its for 2009, so I would think, they'd put it on their site as soon as the deal is done..

gfleo March 20th, 2008 07:15 AM

Makes sense, because next year the first of the Genesis project ship will be delivered to Royal Caribbean, and will be homeported in Ft.Lauderdale

Dave the Wave March 20th, 2008 09:22 AM

I saw this last night too. I knew they could not leave PC open. It only makes sense. I thought maybe a Voyager class like Navigator but this is even better. Navigator I guess will continue 4's and 5's from Ft lauderdale when Enchantment moves to Panama.

blueliner March 20th, 2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
I saw this last night too. I knew they could not leave PC open. It only makes sense. I thought maybe a Voyager class like Navigator but this is even better. Navigator I guess will continue 4's and 5's from Ft lauderdale when Enchantment moves to Panama.

While I was attending Cruise3Sixty in Ft. Lauderdale a couple weeks ago, I was speaking to an executive at RCI and she told me that the Enchantment's move to Panama might not be a permanent move. It seems the Enchantment is not selling at the rate they expected and the higher ups at RCI are considering moving her back to a Florida port.

Dave the Wave March 20th, 2008 11:30 AM

:)

gfleo March 20th, 2008 11:41 AM

Anybody knows how Legend OTS performs out of Santo Domingo?

Roynala March 20th, 2008 02:51 PM

So how many days would the Freedom do and where would it go?

Dave the Wave March 20th, 2008 03:36 PM

Surely it will take over the Mariner's alternating Eastern and Western 7 night itineraries.

blueliner March 20th, 2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Surely it will take over the Mariner's alternating Eastern and Western 7 night itineraries.

There is the possibility that the Freedom OTS will convert to alternating 8 and 6 night itineraries. These Itineraries have been successful for Carnival, and I know that RCI is looking into it. I got the feeling that either the Liberty OTS or the Freedom OTS was going to convert to 8 and 6 nighters. With Freedom OTS sailing from Port Canaveral, might just be the thing for her.

Dave the Wave March 20th, 2008 04:56 PM

I noticed the Independence was going to do 6 and 8's from Miami.

tmn9761 March 20th, 2008 06:05 PM

YaHOOOOO!! Thanks for sharing the great news!!!

blueliner March 20th, 2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

I noticed the Independence was going to do 6 and 8's from Miami.

One of the big ships is going to do the 6 and 8 nighter alternates, must be the Independence OTS then.

Lou March 23rd, 2008 12:00 PM

Yes, I've been watching this, too. We're doing a family cruise
in spring of '09 and Port Canaveral will make travel easier for
our Indy based son and his family. Hope Freedom continues
with 7 nighters. Freedom was my choice for our first time cruisers
with children (10 and 12 yeard old). They'll love it, as do I.

We're already looking into the Radisson pre cruise, just for
an extra day of R and R, and for the "up north" family a chance
to adjust.

We learned the Cocoa Beach area pretty well last Oct. when we were
there a day early for a Mariner cruise...got there early because
of wedding onboard the first day.