Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to MNKessler
Default Booking a Presidential Suite

Hello,

There is a possibility that a large group of us may want to take a cruise together at some point (2 couples, parents (only 1 set), 3rd couple with kids ages 6 and 8. The Presidential Suite sounded absolutely perfect because we could spend as much time as we wanted together but still do other things on our own during the day. (We often like to sit around and just chat, sometimes for hours, so the space on the balcony and in the living room sounds perfect.)

When I called RCCL and asked about booking the Presidential Suite on any of the three Freedom class ships I was basically told "You have two options. You can book a bunch of smaller cabins and pray really hard that whoever booked the Presidential Suite doesn't show up and you get it or you can keep checking online or calling us every day. Either way the chances of getting a Presidential Suite are somewhere between slim and none."

I know that there is only 1 per ship, and only three ships will have them. So how do people get these special suites? Do they truly just get lucky? I mean if you look at ANY cruise at ANY time on FOTS or LOTS the Presidential Suite has never ever been available - and I've looked for nearly a year! (Not every day, of course - I'm not that crazy!)

If there a secret to getting to these suites or is it truly that you just have to be incredibly lucky?

Thanks a lot.

Michael
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2008, 02:35 PM
Admiral

As the saying goes, "Timing is everything!" A little known fact by cruisers is that when a ship opens up bookings for a set of sailings, the top suites onboard always sell first. Ships tend to book from the top suites on down.

My best advice for you is that if you want to book a Presidential Suite, you need to call on the EXACT day the sailing opens for booking, and you have a better shot at getting it.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old April 1st, 2008, 05:21 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to MNKessler

Ok, thanks for the advice. That certainly makes sense. Now just one more question...

How do I find out when the cruise line is going to open up dates for bookings? Is it online or will they tell me if I call them?

Thanks,

Michael
Old April 1st, 2008, 11:10 PM
Admiral

A couple ways to know when a cruise line opens up bookings. #1 would be to get a good cruise travel agent. A travel agent will get advance notice from their cruise line sales rep (if the agent and the sales rep have a good working relationship) when sailing bookings will open up. #2 would be to watch the "news" or "press releases" sections of the cruise line's web site, they will usually announce it there on the day the sailings are opened for bookings.

Cruiselines will open up specific regions and itineraries at set points of the year. For example, RCI just opened up Caribbean sailings from the northeast US and Bermuda itineraries for after 2009 just recently. RCI usually opens up Alaska bookings near the end of the current season for 2 seasons away every year, and so on. You just need a good cruise travel agent or the will to watch their web site's news section very closely.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13