Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Passenger

Default EARLY DINNER SEATING VS LATE DINNER SEATING

I have a concern, just read an older review of the Radiance and would like opinions on dinner seating times. this review said that there are alot of announcements throughout the afternoon and evening that annoyed this passenger and that the late seating is too late and they were really hungry and wished they had booked the earlier dinner seating. So are they still having these annoying announcements that you can hear in your room and also at the dinner table and I am thinking of changing my dinner to the earlier one. Any comments?
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2008, 01:09 PM
First Mate

I'm not sure I understand the relationship between on board announcements and the early or late dinner seating.
If you prefer to have your dinner around 6 then choose the early dinner and you can always have a snack later in the evening.
OR
You could choose the late seating and if you're hungry around the traditional dinner time, you could grab a light snack before your dinner.
It comes down to what you prefer.
It sounds to me like the person who wrote that review enjoys complaining.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
2010 RCCL Oasis Of The Seas
2009 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (so nice we did it twice)
2008 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (!!wow!!)
2007 Carnival Glory (Super Bowl - Bears vs Colts)
2005 Carnival Sensation (again)
2004 Carnival Sensation
1993 Celebrity Horizon
1991 Celebrity Meridian
Old April 16th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

We like the late seating. If you are off ship all day you don't have to rush back for dinner and also you have time to relax with a drink or take a nap.It all depends on what you prefer.
Bob
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Passenger

actually it was two questins in one - but related because supposedly there are alot of (loud speaker) announcements on this ship during the day (disturbing people while taking naps in their cabin) and disturbing people at dinner (seems around the late dinner hour) and the late dinner seemed later than usual because of the 8:30 time frame. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced these annoying announcements on the Radiance?
Old April 16th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have been on RCCL ships several times and never experienced what you are describing. They make announcements but not that many and I never noticed any during dinner.
Bob
Old April 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Beginner

Never heard any announcements during a meal in the main dining room. We always turn down the speaker in the room so they seem mumbled at best. Or maybe I just sleep deeper...
Old April 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Passenger

excellent - will turn down the speaker in the room (where's the speaker) lol
Old April 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Admiral

We were on the Radiance once and I think the volume control for the speaker is by the vanity mirrors. That is, on the wall at the desk.
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sassy2005

The dinner times are awkward. I would prefer to eat around 7:00, but since the only options are 5:00 and 8:00, you have to pick your poison. My husband and I went with late seating, and we liked it. Even our waiter told us late seating was better because on port days, early seating personnel are rushing to get ready for dinner in time. Late seating gives you plenty of time to get back on the ship, relax, take a shower, changes clothes, etc. Like previously mentioned, you can always grab a snack. They have free pizza and cookies on the promenade, or you could grab a little something from the Windjammer.

Old April 25th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I'm cruising my first RCI cruise in June, but...

On every other cruise I've been on I've done late seating and enjoy it immensely. My waiters have always said they like it better because it's a more relaxed atmosphere.

I have late seating on Brilliance as well
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05