Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Familiar Face

Default Inside Cabin Size

I am going to book a short cruise on the navigator of the sea and I am taking my two grandaughters with me. I usually book a balcony cabin but as this just a short break I thought to keep costs down I would book an inside , now because there will be three of us we have to book a L Cabin which is the dearest of all the inside but I can find nowwhere where it says it is bigger than other inside cabins as say N cabins which is the same area on the ship and as people book these for two people and I will be paying extra for the third surely this must be bigger. I would be grateful if someone can adise me. Also which are best the ones that back onto another cabin or the ones with hallway either side.
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Yeoman

As far as I know the L Cat. is 160 Sq. Ft. The reason it is a three person cabin is because there is an upper berth in the cabin. I don't think the sq. footage is any larger then the N Cat.
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:43 AM
Captain

Sounds like you are on the right track. An I/S should suit your needs and the "L" will be the same 158 sq. footage as the other categories, it will just have the extra bed. It should come down from the ceiling area so won't be a space problem for you. As for a specific location, that's a burden I put on your T/A. We just booked a family where I lucked out and got a premium location that didn't cost either of us anything extra but sure made them happy. "RCI" doesn't allow disounting lower than their fares so it's the least a good T/A can do for ya!
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Yes, upper berth. Look at deck plans though. I always try to get one near the centrum and elevators on as high a deck as possible. On this ship deck 8,9 or 10.

To your question about which is better. The ones that enter from the end i.e., the door is between the closet and bathroom as opposed to on the side have better usable space and a larger couch. With the door on the side there is only a chair.

The cabins for three are no bigger than for two. I would try and get one that can accommodate 4. They you will have two bunks and the two on the floor can be made into a queen. You can tell by the deck plan which they are with a cross instead of an asterik.

For example 1555 or 1255 are near forward atrium and have 4 beds.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10