Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Passenger

Default Leaving car at Cape Liberty port

So, we have about a four/five hour drive to the Cape Liberty port. We have a new minivan with the DVD player, etc that we usually take on trips, but I don't know if I want to leave it in port parking garage for nine days. Or, we could just take our old jeep and the kids would just have to grin and bear the drive. We've thought about staying at a hotel the night before so potentially could leave the car there, but it might be easier just to get up early and drive right to the port.

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Passenger

I dont see any reason you should not leave the car at the port. Seemed very safe (and remote) to me. Many nice car's there for all thos people who are on the ship!!

You could do a hotel, but most of them will be IN Newark, in this case, you have a 50/50 shot!!! The Hyatt is a good one though.

I would not be worried at all. Drive there in the van, enjoy the trip and dont worry about your car. It could get ripped off when you go to the grocery store!!
Old April 28th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Beginner

We parked there last year and it seemed very safe and convenient.