Sailing on Liberty May 17th...I have a couple of questions...can some of you answer the following:
1) I get the standard tip stuff...I think it would make it easier if I just charge it to our sea pass...but then do those who are receiving them know that we have done that???? I don't want them to think we are stiffing them when the little envelopes are passed out.
2) other tipping
is it standard to tip your excursion guides...if so how much?
room service...I understand there is a 18% tip put on it...but I have read about the actual deliver person expects some cash in the hand on top of that..true?
is there other tipping that goes on for places like the Windjammer etc????
3) on Labadee...when you just go to the beach for the day...is there food and drink? and is there a cost for the food? I know there will be a cost for the drinks
4) what nights are the formal nights?
5) what night do they serve steak and lobster?
5) how do they work the timing when one of your excursions is that you book with the cruise starts at the same time as the ship arrives in port.
To answer a couple of questions. Regarding tips, we put ours on our card and we received a voucher for our tips. We put that in an envelope with a little extra if we felt warranted. These tips are for all waitstaff including the ones in the Windjammer who also work in the main dining rooms at night.
There is no charge for room service but we always give them $2-$5 depending on what we ordered. Excursion guides, a couple of $ but sometimes more if we really had a great one.
Labadee we had to buy our drinks only if I remember.
Formal nights are usually the 1st and 6th nights.
If you booked with the ships excursions they will coordinate everything.
Have a great time.
Teresa and Larry
#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean
Labadee has plenty of food and non alcoholic drinks. You use your sign & sail for alcoholic drinks and beer. The food is an outdoor bbq and was great. We have never tipped anyone in the Windjammer, unless they go the extra mile for you (some of them do)
Freedom Of The Seas -07
Radiance Of The Seas-07
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Big Red Boat-93
We have tipped our excursion guides in the past - if they were good. It depends on how long the excursion was and what all the guide did while on your tour. We tip according the service we have received. If you have scheduled a tour at the arrival time of your ship - they will wait until everyone gets there, knowing the ship has to be cleared and you will take a bit of time to get off the ship. However, they are not obligated to wait forever! They know how many people are scheduled to be on that tour and they will wait a reasonable amount of time for everyone to get to the bus.