Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Beginner

Default Newbie has question about RC Visa....

My husband and I are going on our 3rd cruise for our 10th anniversary next March (we got married on our 1st one!) and are thinking about getting the RC Visa.

I was thinking to get the card and make all of our purchases (everything from gas, groceries, etc..) on it and then just make a payment every Saturday to the visa on what we spent that week. (I would need to do it weekly so I don't get overwhelmed or in over my head.)

My question is - if I charge something and then make a payment the next day for example do I still get the points? Is there a "rule" on how long the purchase has to be on the card before paying it - does that make sense?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Beginner

33 people have read it and no one can help me!!!
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Passenger

Here I am -- here I am. You get one point for each dollar spent -- no matter when you pay. When you use for everyday spending (like gas and groceries) it actually mounts up pretty fast. Then, monies spent on RCCL (depost, cruise, onboard purchases, etc.) get you double points. We use our Royal Points for onboard credit. Questions? Comments?
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

spuds is spot on...I received a nice OBC on my last RCCL cruise. It took me about two years to get the points.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Beginner

Great - that is what I wanted to hear!! Thank you!
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Passenger

You might want to hold out for a good deal for new card holders. We applied for ours when they were giving 15,000 points after your first purchase. That equals $150 on board from the get go. I have seen it be anywhere from 2,500 to 15,000.

Just something else to think about.
Old May 9th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Yep, all the above posters have got it right. The only bad point, is if you don't pay it off each and every month,,,,in full. The A.P.R. is outrageous IMO. As you said, if you make a payment every week, you should be in GREAT shape.
Hold out for the best deal when you get the card,,,,and you're on your way.

Ken
"SKY"
Old May 16th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just got my Royal Caribbean Visa in the mail last week and made my first purchase... cruise insurance for my July cruise! ($84)

The invoice said 5,000 First Transaction Bonus Points; 5,000 Royal Bonus Points and 84 points for the insurance. Total 10,084 points.

Not sure how many points I need to use them towards something... But I'm gonna pay off the final payment on July cruise with this card too.