Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Beginner

Default Promenade staterooms

Thinking of booking a promendae room. Pros and cons? How many people can sleep? Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2008, 04:07 PM
First Mate

I have stayed in Promenade rooms a number of times. It is all I ever book anymore. Just got off the Explorer Friday and again was in a Promenade room. For me there are no cons. I always book a room in the center of the Promenade deck eight , but have stayed on seven. From there you can easily go Aft to eat and forward to the shows without having to walk too far. I have never noticed any noise.
Old May 11th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just remember the people across the way can see right into your cabin, like you can see them....Great views for the parades!

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 11th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

My take is different I guess..although I have never booked one...I don't want the noise, or to keep my blinds closed all the time. I wantt the light, from a window,or balcony, to see the ports and have the naturall light.

I was on the Freedom, and many people did not close the blinds! I also think they are more expensive than an ov, which, sorry, I just don't get...
Go for the fresh air and light, and view the party, by being part of it, in the promenade.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 12th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I have just booked a promenade room on deck eight. I believe the room is 8305, not too sure which end it is but it is towards one end of the promenade. Deck six and seven were sold out, so hopefully deck eight will be ok. I am actually looking forward to it. I love people watching but don't like the crowds, so I can eat my ice cream from my window sill without the crowds. If you are thinking about a promendade and an inner room book the promenade.

Cheers.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Admiral

I agree with Trip about the benefits of a balcony cabin. However-to each his (or her) own. Try a Promenade cabin and see if it is your style. But as others have said-keep your curtains closed !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old May 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Passenger

Default LOVE Promenade rooms

Have had two and have booked a third. Both rooms that we have had have been on Mariner and I made sure that they were overlooking the Cafe Promenade. Reason.........no noise from below. Be careful what is under you ESPECIALLY if you're on deck 6. If you're above bars the music can be a problem and they are open late. Any of the retail shops are okay to be above, they close earlier and generally don't have loud music. We are booked on Liberty in August still overlooking (somewhat) the Cafe and over some of the retail shops.

Go for it and as mentioned when you don't want anyone to see in MAKE SURE your drapes are closed. There are sheers and then light blocking drapes. The promenade even has lights that change according to the time of day.
Old May 16th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Subtropic, you are absolutley right, in the fact that the only way to "really"
know something is, to do it, or see it for yourself...I have always said, with each cruise, you learn things, to do, or not do, for the next one. This subject is a perfect example of this...Go for it, and experience it:)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 17th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Chejo makes an excellent point about being careful to know what's under the promenade cabin that you book. Our daughter and her boyfriend were above the Wig and Gavel pub on the Mariner and it was very noisy each night.
Angela Z.
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:09 PM
First Mate

We booked a promenade on Navigator of the Seas. It must have been on deck 8, because one of the flags that overhangs the promenade was mounted just outside our window and the mount squeaked. It took us two days to figure out what it was. We have a fan that we carry just for "white noise", so once we found the source we positioned the fan just right and "whited out" the squeak.
Aside from that little bother, we really enjoyed the location for convenience and for previewing empty tables before going down to the promenade.
Sovereign of the Seas 2007
Carnival Fantasy 2008
Carnival Fascination 9/14/09
Freedom of the Seas 11/28/10
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to tupgirl88
Default bathroom shower in promenade

hi..can anyone tell me...is it the same shower with the round doors????