Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:09 AM
First Mate

Default Just booked first RCC cruise

Good Morning,
I just booked by first Royal Caribbean cruise. We are doing the Voyager of the Seas out of Barcelona on Nov. 22. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I will be on Voyager next may out of England. I have been on the Explorer, which is a sister ship. What would you like to know? About the ship or about your itinerary.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:53 AM
First Mate

Good Morning,
I would like to know about both. We have sailed on Disney and Carnivel, and I am thinking this ship will probably not be much different. I will be traveling with 2 17-year old's and really don't know about the trip. It seems like I have each day completely booked since we are in port almost every day. Is this too much? Also, would it be best for the cruise line to get our airfare or for me to purchase it? It seems there are not any direct flights from Houston.

Thanks,
Kathy
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Ok here's the deal. Voyager of the Seas is a wonderful ship. I have been on Explorer, which is a sister ship. For your teen's there is a teen club, a video arcade that is awesome, an inline skating track, rock climbing wall, basketball court, plus some other stuff. Since you mentioned you will have shore excursions everyday that can get exhausting. You leave the ship in the morning, then you run around all day sightseeing, come back to the ship eat dinner, go to a show, then bed. Same thing next day. The difference between Royal Caribbean and Disney; Disney does everything perfect when it comes to kids and families. Royal caribbean pampers you like you won the lottery. They spoil you, you can have an inside cabin or the grand family suite, the staff will pamper you. Carnival is known as the party ship. Royal Caribbean will be a little different, since the two ships have the same itineraries; but I think Royal steps it up a notch. Hope this helps. Also the Voyager has a promenade which looks like a mini mall, and at night there are parades and parties; just about every night somethings neat happens on the Royal Promenade.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old May 14th, 2008, 02:24 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the info. I think I am going to back off some of the all day excursions.

Kathy