Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Have you ever been misslead/stiffed by an excursion?
Yes 4 44.44%
No 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Beginner

Default Excursions expectations not meet

I just found out about this website. My wife and I took a cruse a few months back, it was Rhapsody of the Seas last US trip. It left from Galveston, TX and sailed threw the Panama Canal to San Diego, CA. I'd have to say for the most part the trip was a huge success, Except... Why is there always an except. We took few excursions due to the voyage being as expensive as it was but we decided to take a "leisurely" trip down a river in Costa Rica. You see I am disabled and can not take most excursions due to the physical activity levels, however this particular one stated in the guide to be low activity and had chairs. When we took the long bus ride to the river, it turned out to be white water rafting. Well, I was not alone in being miss lead. There were 8 people who were unable to take partake in this excursion. Once we got back to the ship we were told to fill out a form and we would be notified. Well we were notified, after the purser's desk was closed on the final night of the cruse. We were told that we would receive 10% off the excursion cost. To me this was total unacceptable. To date this is all we have gotten, it's amazing that they would give up a customer because of $200, the wife and I will never ever sail on Royal Caribbean lines again! There loss since we have since sailed on another line and plan to continue to sail in the future.

Tim
Little Elm, TX
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

In this case it seems to me that, a letter to the company is needed. Make copies of the guide, where it states the facts, on which you booked this cruise. Let them konw of the other people, who as well, could not partake in the excursion,and all pertinent facts.

Based on what you have stated, and what they offered, then did not deliver, you certainly deserve the full refund. This sounds like bait ans switch:(

I hope you will do this, and let us know the results. Also, a call to your local tv consumer advocate could work wonders. Good luck.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 19th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Passenger

I thought that the excursion booklet outlined which tours were handicap accessable?

I think you have to take the activity level with a grain of salt. We went on the cave tubing trip in Belize which was listed as easy. We didn't have a problem, but we felt very bad for some of the older folks who couldn't keep up with the 45 minute trek in the jungle with a truck inner tube over their head. The guides just forged ahead leaving them along the trail.

We also considered taking our 4 year old to sting ray city and were told it was o.k. and that the water was only 3 feet deep on the reef. At the last minute we left him onboard and boy was that the right decision! The water was almost over the head of my 10 year old, the 4 year old would have been miserable.

If I had special needs before booking with the ship I would definetly be upfront about my needs and get it in writing via email to confirm.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default Re: Excursions expectations not meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Texas
To date this is all we have gotten, it's amazing that they would give up a customer because of $200, the wife and I will never ever sail on Royal Caribbean lines again! There loss since we have since sailed on another line and plan to continue to sail in the future.

Tim
Little Elm, TX
So if they give you $200 you will sail with them again?

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Keep on top of it!!!! Hope you geet your money back!!!

Can't answer the poll question I have never taken an excursion.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen

NEVER?????
are you kidding?
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes7989
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen

NEVER?????
are you kidding?
No I'm NOT kidding.....NEVER!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:04 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Excursions expectations not meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Texas
I just found out about this website. My wife and I took a cruse a few months back, it was Rhapsody of the Seas last US trip. It left from Galveston, TX and sailed threw the Panama Canal to San Diego, CA. I'd have to say for the most part the trip was a huge success, Except... Why is there always an except. We took few excursions due to the voyage being as expensive as it was but we decided to take a "leisurely" trip down a river in Costa Rica. You see I am disabled and can not take most excursions due to the physical activity levels, however this particular one stated in the guide to be low activity and had chairs. When we took the long bus ride to the river, it turned out to be white water rafting. Well, I was not alone in being miss lead. There were 8 people who were unable to take partake in this excursion. Once we got back to the ship we were told to fill out a form and we would be notified. Well we were notified, after the purser's desk was closed on the final night of the cruse. We were told that we would receive 10% off the excursion cost. To me this was total unacceptable. To date this is all we have gotten, it's amazing that they would give up a customer because of $200, the wife and I will never ever sail on Royal Caribbean lines again! There loss since we have since sailed on another line and plan to continue to sail in the future.

Tim
Little Elm, TX
I always hate to be the party pooper and I do support legit complaints. But as it looks like, once again, a complained out of the inability to read:

Quote:
You encounter plenty of calm water and a little white water along the way.
Further more
Quote:
Note: The tour lasts the whole day and is physically demanding.
and
Quote:
Please wear river shoes or old sneakers to maneuver yourself around tricky rocks or standing up on the rocky river bottom.