Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
Passenger

Default Liberty of the Seas Room Question

My wife and I booked our 3rd RCCL cruise this early this spring. We leave in late September and we are both excited to try the new Liberty of the Seas ship.

We have been on the voyager and the Navagator ships before. First a Prominade room then a Balcony room both on deck 8.

When it came time to book another cruise we looked at 2 options a 5 day western caribbean on the navigator with a Balcony or for the same price (even a little cheaper after a sale) the 7 day we booked with an Ocean view Room on deck 2.

Reluctant to go from outside to outside window we decided the additional days and the additional port of Labadee (My Favorite) Was worth the Down Grade.

Has anyone stayed in a deck 2 ocean view room? What did you think?

I figured that the Prominade room was 167Sq. ft. and the Balcony room was 188sq. ft. and this room was 183sq. ft. so I am hoping it should be ok size wise.

How big is the window?

Also are there any good tricks or things to know about the Liberty?
Best time to hit the adult pool area? Special things they might do?
Is the Layout like a bigger Voyager ship?

Thanks for all your help
Chris
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I think that it is a personal choice. When I get a balcony cabin I personally do not use the balcony that much - but I love having the light and the window.

But having said that, I have been ships with just windows before and would have traded up for a balcony in a heartbeat.

Depends on the itinerary, etc.
Old May 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I agree with paul's reply. My first cruise with RCCL was a cabin with a big window. It was a seven day trip so we didn 't know what to expect. The room was ok. Our next cruise on Explorer of the seas we got a balcony room. Again, it was a 7day cruise. We loved it. We ate breakfast, read books, and just gazed at the sunsets. OUr next cruise we went to Europe and again it was for 7 days. We booked a junior suite. It was fantastic. I feel that the extra room we had to lounge in plus an larger balcony made it worthwhile. I know you don't spend a lot of time in the cabin, but what time my wife and I do spend we want space and the freedom to open the balcony and sit out there. Hope this helps.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old May 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Balcony cabins are definitely a plus if the price is right. If you are going places with a lot of outside scenery they are even better.

Overall room size is also important. If you can get a large picture window and a larger cabin for a much better price than a standard balcony cabin then a balcony may not be a big bonus.

We just did a trans_Atlantic crossing. We had a beautiful balcony and probably did not go on it for more than a few minutes. It was cold and windy outside. But the sheer ability to open a door and get fresh air, even for a minute is something that makes a big difference.

A lot depends on how much you want to use your cabin. Do you spend almost all of your time outside of it anyway? Then a balcony is a luxury, but not a necessity.
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Passenger

Price was a big problem in our choice....Cruise Fairs have went up since our last cruise (2 years ago) and Air Fair is just getting rediculous!

We opted for the better ship and Better Itinerary.

When we had a balcony room we used our balcony a lot! My wife loves to read and that were she would do it. As a Necessity we 100% wanted a Window for sun light.

Has anyone ever stayed in one of these cabins? Or even been in one of these cabins?

Thanks
C