CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/351476-oasis-seas-allure-seas.html)

Paul Motter May 23rd, 2008 04:10 PM

Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas

How do you like the new names?

By the way, it will be called the "Oasis-class" from now on... No more "Genesis-class"

My one recommendation was that they should have made it a truly unique class by dropping the "of the seas" part of their naming convention.

I think the simple name "Genesis" would have the perfect name for the ship. But just one guy's opinion.

FL_Cruiser64 May 23rd, 2008 07:39 PM

Re: Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter
How do you like the new names?

By the way, it will be called the "Oasis-class" from now on... No more "Genesis-class"

My one recommendation was that they should have made it a truly unique class by dropping the "of the seas" part of their naming convention.

I think the simple name "Genesis" would have the perfect name for the ship. But just one guy's opinion.

I was hoping it would be the Genesis Class/Family. Heck, no biggie renaming it from Project Genesis to Genesis Family.
My submissions were Genesis of the Seas and Creation of the Seas. But I agree, a simple Genesis and Creation would have done it.

My question is though if RCI stays with its naming of the Families is the new class called the Oasis Family?
Yikes!

Oh well, I'll continue to cruise on ships not hotels though...
:wink: :shock:

Paul Motter May 23rd, 2008 07:41 PM

Yes - it is now the Oasis family. As far as I know, the word Genesis is a dead issue as far as Royal Caribbean is concerned.

MTL May 23rd, 2008 07:48 PM

Hi Mr Paul,
the "of the Seas" is attached to RCI like Carnival something to every ship.
Am I right?

MTL

Lou May 23rd, 2008 07:54 PM

Paul, I totally agree....I loved Genesis. But will get used
to Oasis and Allure. tho I am a RCI lover, I'm not sure if I
can get my thoughts around a ship as large as Oasis class,
family or whatever.

But thinking back...thought the Mariner was huge, then Freedom,
but love them both.

Doing the Doc Dance now for Adventure on June 29th, with 2
days prior in San Juan. Can't wait.

Lou

Trip May 23rd, 2008 08:13 PM

So, I guess they really they really hated my choices..Ambassador, and Commander of the Sea:( I like Allure, but Oasis, immediately conjures up camels and sand:(

Paul Motter May 23rd, 2008 08:38 PM

yes, "of the Seas" is tied to everything Royal Caribbean.

I'm guessing it's the old story of over-thinking something and losing track of the first impression.

Donna May 23rd, 2008 08:48 PM

I too liked the Genesis, and thought that would be it....at least for the "class" of ship.. Although Oasis is kind of growing on me...

As for "of the seas", yep, thats just Royal Caribbean....The way they name ships these days, you need that at the end to know it is Royal Caribbean and not Carnival since they seem to both use the same ship names?? That I can just not understand??

thecruisequeen May 23rd, 2008 09:54 PM

:( :( I liked the name Genesis!! :( :(

Does anyone know which ship is coming out first Oasis or Allure? :-?

Can't wait to sail either one or both! :twisted:

Paul Motter May 23rd, 2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
you need that at the end to know it is Royal Caribbean and not Carnival since they seem to both use the same ship names??

Funny, I did not think of that before but it is so true. Some names have just been used TOO MUCH. I give RC credit for coming up with some of my favorite names:

Radiance
Rhapsody
Grandeur
Voyager

These are all great ship names, but better without "of the seas" in my opinion.

But it is true, in the last few years it was like they forgot how to find an original name. Mariner, Freedom, Liberty, Independence (American Hawaii Lines) were all recycled. Genesis was original, but I have a feeling they might have focus-grouped it and people said it sounded too Biblical.

Maybe that is why they had the contest?

superkid May 26th, 2008 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
:( :( I liked the name Genesis!! :( :(

Does anyone know which ship is coming out first Oasis or Allure? :-?

Can't wait to sail either one or both! :twisted:

so did i. That was one of the names i pick when they had the name that ship contest few months ago

the Oasis will be the first, Allure will be the second. also royal caribbean will be order a 4th freedom class ship that will enter service in 2011 or 2012

thecruisequeen May 26th, 2008 08:41 AM

Thanks SuperKid! :D Looks like Oasis of the Seas is next on my cruising list! :D :D :-P

Dave the Wave May 26th, 2008 03:10 PM

I don't really like it. I would rather have seen...

Sovereign of the Seas 2

Cruisebunny7 May 27th, 2008 02:04 PM

I don't care about the name, all I care about is that we are going to sail on Oasis OTS in February 2010 for my 25th B-Day!! :D :D :D

Dave the Wave May 27th, 2008 02:53 PM

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!