Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM
First Mate

Default Barcelona transfers

Good Afternoon Everyone,
If I booked transfers through RCCL, will they get our luggage at the Barcelona airport, or do we have to get it and take it to the bus?

Thanks,
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:49 PM
First Mate

Great question, I'm sailing on Voyager at the end of the month and have the same question. I think I can probably answer this through a past experience. When I sailed on Brilliance in 2005 out of Spain, the baggage claim area is restricted to just those folks who got off the plane. It's not like the USA where anyone can walk into the baggage claim area. Actually once you leave baggage claim you can't return as it's one of those "one-way" exits with guards/customs folks at the sliding doors. So given that, I'm pretty sure that you'd collect your own luggage and walk out these sliding doors then probably find the RCCL Agent and check with them.

Also, in Miami - They require all passengers to pull their own luggage off the belts before going to the bus; so I think it's like a global policy or something. I'll find out for "sure" at the end of the month when I sail.

Thanks!
Old June 10th, 2008, 11:15 AM
First Mate

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to the report on your trip. I know in Canada they hold the people going on the cruise in a certain area and you don't even have to do through customs. They also get your luggage. I know we will have to go through customs, but wasn't sure about the luggage..

I would also like to know how your excursions worked out, etc..

Thanks again and have a wonderful trip,
Kathy
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:48 AM
First Mate

No problem, I can surely fill you in as I return. I sailed on pretty much the same cruise in 2005, took most of the popular shore excursions already; let me know if you have any particular questions on them.
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:39 AM
First Mate

DiamondMember,Thank-you so much for all your help. I have the following excursions scheduled:

Best of the French Riveria
Highlights of Lucca
Pisa
Imperial Rome
Taste of Sorrento & Pompeii
Cefalu Sightseeing

It is my husband and twin 17 year old daughters going. It will be our last family vacation before they leave for college next summer..

Thanks for all your help,
Kathy
Old June 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM
First Mate

Can't say I did those; however, here's my recommendation:

Best of the French Riveria --- Ok Tour; however, it does not take you to Monaco, which is really worth seeing. I'd probably recommend the "Nice, Eze, Monaco" tour instead; more bang for your buck.

Highlights of Lucca / Pisa --- I assume you've already been to Florence, if so these appear to be good choices. Just a word of warning, there is absoutely nothing in Pisa except for the tower; you could literally see it, take the photo and move on. The "Pisa" alone tour seems like it may not be exactly what you'd bargin for. If you've never done Florence, I'd recommend the Florence and Pisa Tour or the one on your own.

Taste of Sorrento & Pompeii --- We did the "Capri, Sorrento & Pompeii"; Capri is one of my favorite places to visit; totally amazing island and enjoyed every minute of it. If you've already seen Capri, then great choice, if not; you may want to consider it.

Imperial Rome --- Highly recommend you do "Rome on your Own"; you'll see all of Rome faster and easier than with the tour. Also it's much cheaper. When we did the "Rome on your Own" we saw pretty much all the major highlights in plenty of time. If you deciede to do this; I've got some tips.

Cefalu Sightseeing -- Never done this tour; this will be my first trip to Palemo.

***Hope that helps, I'm sure all the tours are great, that was what my experience yielded.
Old June 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the great tips. I will relook at my choices.

Happy Cruising,
Kathy
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:50 AM
First Mate

Here's another vote for the Monaco, Nice and Eze trip. Best part of our cruise!

You have to pick your bags up at the Carousel and then walk towards the Customs guy stationed at the exits from the baggage hall- there is a 'green light door' for nothing to declare and a 'red light door' for anyone who has items to declare. After you exit you will see Reps and all others waiting for passengers for transfers.