CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   does VOYAGER OF THE SEAS have a slide? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/352274-does-voyager-seas-have-slide.html)

nurseypoo5 June 14th, 2008 02:43 AM

does VOYAGER OF THE SEAS have a slide?

My son freaked when looking at the pics of the Voyager...only because he couldnt find a slide. Do they have one? What about a theater screen on deck?

Does anyone have a photo of the slide?

thanks!

Sassy2005 June 14th, 2008 03:50 AM

No and no. RC has the rock climbing wall, Carnival has the big waterslides, and Princess has the poolside movies.

FL_Cruiser64 June 14th, 2008 05:01 PM

Re: does VOYAGER OF THE SEAS have a slide?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
My son freaked when looking at the pics of the Voyager...only because he couldnt find a slide. Do they have one? What about a theater screen on deck?

Does anyone have a photo of the slide?

thanks!

No water slide, no theater on deck. Sorry.

kevin c June 14th, 2008 07:12 PM

carnival liberty has a slide and a top deck theater.

thecruisequeen June 14th, 2008 07:18 PM

Nursey although there is no slide I'm sure your son will have a blast on Voyager. :D

skymaster June 14th, 2008 07:35 PM

Double post. Sorry about that!

skymaster June 15th, 2008 07:49 AM

System problems?

skymaster June 15th, 2008 07:50 AM

Sorry Poo! In order to get both the slide, and the on-deck theater, you'll have to go Carnival. Oh well, maybe he'll find something to do on RCI. :-?

Ken
"Sky"

AF1 June 15th, 2008 10:53 AM

How old is your son? There is an adventure beach on deck 11 at the far end of the ship. It's like a kiddie water park. There is a small water slide there. I was on Explorer a few years ago and it was there. I looked up some pics of Voyager and saw the adventure beach on the website.

Cynthia Sponge June 15th, 2008 01:00 PM

Dear Friends,

My Ron is in his 70s and will not go on a ship with a slide because the last time he went on one he put his back out for a week and missed the chance to play football with Eric Cantona ( it was a pre season friendly in France ) why do people go on cruises and then want to do all the things the they could do on shore? cruise = lounge around and enjoy the entertainment. Torremolinos = slides, pub grub and Carlsberg take your choice.

Love
Cynthia

nurseypoo5 June 18th, 2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynthia Sponge
Dear Friends,

My Ron is in his 70s and will not go on a ship with a slide because the last time he went on one he put his back out for a week and missed the chance to play football with Eric Cantona ( it was a pre season friendly in France ) why do people go on cruises and then want to do all the things the they could do on shore? cruise = lounge around and enjoy the entertainment. Torremolinos = slides, pub grub and Carlsberg take your choice.

Love
Cynthia

Well, lets see...my son is 11 not 70, and he doesnt get to do water slides unless we pay to go to a fancy water park, which we never do go to them. So for his enjoyment, he prefers the slides, they keep him very entertained.

I'm sure he'd find fun, heck he's on a cruise. For us 40 somthings, we could care less about the silly slide, i'd probably NOT go on it anyway. But still....for him its important.

we've been on conquest before and wanted a different experience, so RCI was what we wanted to do, but maybe next time without him :) I wish conquest had thier tv/movie screen on deck, its gets put in the week AFTER our cruise lol.

so then next year i guess (with out rug rats!)

AF1 June 18th, 2008 07:01 AM

Since your son is 11 he will enjoy the adventure beach in the back of ship. Like I mentioned there is a small slide and some other neat stuff for kids. And I agree no rugrats would be nice. The kids adventure place and arcade is really cool

fitzla June 19th, 2008 06:29 PM

Of the Voyager Class ships, Voyager, Explorer and Adventure have Adventure Beach, as well as Adventure Ocean. Adventure Beach has a kids pool with a small kids slide. This was eliminated on Mariner and Navigator to make room for a larger Adventure Ocean Club.

beenie weenie June 26th, 2008 10:48 AM

Nurseypooh, I am so glad you asked this question. We're on the Voyager for 15 days in November, and to be honest I never thought to ask about a waterslide, and you're right it is a heck of a lot of fun for the kids (and a few of us adults) I say lets take take the rugrats (at least they know how to have fun) on the cruise and leave the old soreheads behind. I am sure Adventure Beach will suffice nicely for the kiddos.

AF1 June 26th, 2008 11:19 AM

Adventure Beach, the kids' own pool area, with slides and waterfalls, delted from the 2nd-generation design.
As for the teen areas
This post is from Voyager of the Seas; it talks about the waterslide you asked about. I will find a pic and post it :D

Dannysdad June 29th, 2008 05:40 AM

The most comprehensive website for all things Voyager, I think, is this one.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voya.../albumsFR.html