CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Oasis OTC press conference: an overview (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/352431-oasis-otc-press-conference-overview.html)

jleq June 18th, 2008 04:00 PM

Oasis OTC press conference: an overview

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080618/clw051.html?.v=101

thecruisequeen June 18th, 2008 04:29 PM

OMG! A boardwalk with carnival games, carousel, and a zipline going across the boardwalk!

Oasis is a must for me! :D :D

Jamie wants to cruise June 18th, 2008 06:04 PM

Amazing! Not that you would want to get off the ship, but have they announced where its headed yet?

Donna June 18th, 2008 06:28 PM

Wow, a zipline....Now that I just gotta see :-)

blueliner June 18th, 2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie wants to cruise
Amazing! Not that you would want to get off the ship, but have they announced where its headed yet?

Both the Oasis OTS and the Allure OTS will be based at Fort Lauderdale.

thecruisequeen June 18th, 2008 06:32 PM

nope no reason to get off the ship! :D 8)

yellosno June 18th, 2008 07:35 PM

I thought the Freedom and Liberty were cool. Now I can't wait to get off the Freedom and on the Oasis.

Snoozeman June 18th, 2008 10:51 PM

Wow, very impressive. :)

Can't wait to sail although doesn't look like there are any aft balconies. I guess over the boardwalk would be as close to an aft as they will have.

thecruisequeen June 19th, 2008 07:11 AM

Here is a great Oasis Video! :D :D

Dave the Wave June 19th, 2008 09:56 AM

Skeptical at first, now I am impressed. Most with Boardwalk and the view aft to the amphitheatre and the wake. High divers, pool area aft, two level loft suites and zipline! Oh my! 8)

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/

Donna June 19th, 2008 10:05 AM

OMG, those loft suites were something else!

Dave the Wave June 19th, 2008 10:44 AM

This is where you'll find me! 8)

http://63.217.28.3/images/ships/rc_o...quatheatre.jpg

dlm2005 June 19th, 2008 05:12 PM

I still want to see the top decks. Think of all the shadows when the sun is not directly overhead…or the possible wind-tunnel effects. I like the lofts and the Aqua Theater (wondering if they have two rock walls – one on either side of the theater), but Central Park, the Royal Promenade and the Boardwalk all look like suburban malls or office parks. Other than the Aqua Theater, where is the Sea and the Sun?

Also, did they steal that air bridge over the fantail from Princess?

fitzla June 19th, 2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie wants to cruise

Yes, starting on December 12th, 2009

Eastern 7 day
St Marteen
St Thomas
Nassau

And beginning in May 2010, she will alternate between easter & western

Western
Labadee
Falmouth, Jamaica (new port)
Cozumel Mexico

Ports are not great, but at least the ship will keep you occupied if yo don't want to get off.

Donna June 19th, 2008 09:37 PM

I love the idea of a water type show and theater in the aft. Only drawback, no aft balcony cabins on this ship :-( Still a new kind of entertainment that Royal Caribbean does so well.

Kuki June 19th, 2008 10:17 PM

6000 passengers, 2000 crew = NO Kuki!

fitzla June 19th, 2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
I love the idea of a water type show and theater in the aft. Only drawback, no aft balcony cabins on this ship :-( Still a new kind of entertainment that Royal Caribbean does so well.

Technically, they do have aft cabins. They flank the aqua theater. But they are Aqua Suites, and i bet they will be hella expensive.

thecruisequeen June 20th, 2008 05:52 AM

All the pictures and talk on Oasis makes me feel like my cruise on the Liberty is a tiny ship. LOL LOL :wink:

Dave the Wave June 20th, 2008 11:42 AM

I had thought all along they would have this open area aft. I would much rather have the in facing balcony in Boardwalk than Central park. Now I want to see the pool area topside! 8)

Donna June 20th, 2008 04:42 PM

What about a flowrider, is there one on Oasis, did I miss it?

glgolfer June 20th, 2008 09:56 PM

When asked about a flowrider, they said they couldn't talk about the flowriders yet.
There are 2 rockwalls.
You can see the wake from the Boardwalk cabins by looking toward the back of the ship. You can watch the water show from your loft cabin balcony.
The Oasis will be able to dock at every port.
The Oasis is 25% more efficient then the Freedom.
They can treat the waste water until it's potable.
It will be disabled friendly.

Adam Goldstein said it will have a competitive table tennis area.

PH8 June 21st, 2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

What about a flowrider, is there one on Oasis, did I miss it?

No one knows yet(well, except for RCCL),but look at this pic from the Oasis...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attac...3&d=1213991925Looks like the same seating area near the FlowRiders now..........but who knows??

It is sure one impressive ship!

fitzla June 21st, 2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glgolfer
When asked about a flowrider, they said they couldn't talk about the flowriders yet.
There are 2 rockwalls.
You can see the wake from the Boardwalk cabins by looking toward the back of the ship. You can watch the water show from your loft cabin balcony.
The Oasis will be able to dock at every port.
The Oasis is 25% more efficient then the Freedom.
They can treat the waste water until it's potable.
It will be disabled friendly.

Adam Goldstein said it will have a competitive table tennis area.

You mean you can watch the water show from the aqua suite balconies. The loft suite are above the viking crown lounge at the very top facing the side. The aqua suites are above the aqua theater, thus providing a view of the water show.

Irish Shark June 21st, 2008 01:00 PM

There was a TV show on this ship about 2 weeks ago. I forget exactly what channel it was on.

It showed models of the various aspects of the ship.

ragtiki2005 June 21st, 2008 01:39 PM

I can't wait to book a cruise on this ship! Looks like so much to see and do. Bob

Dave the Wave June 21st, 2008 05:34 PM

This is truly a self contained vacation. No need to get off of the ship. From the tentative itineraries I have seen, there will be three sea days in a week. Think of all the money you will save from excursions and shopping. :idea:

FirstCoastCruiser June 21st, 2008 07:08 PM

I'm also curious about the pool areas since Boardwalk and Central Park will run almost the entire length of the ship. I had assumed they would have returned to the old-style of having tiered pool decks in the aft section but now that is not an option with the aqua theater. Maybe there will be a lazy river all along the upper deck??? One never knows with this ship. :-?

Donna June 21st, 2008 07:40 PM

CAn someone re-fresh my memory, what are the ports?

fitzla June 22nd, 2008 03:02 AM

Quote:

CAn someone re-fresh my memory, what are the ports?

The Eastern is St Thomas, St Marteen & Nassau, beginning on Dec 12th, 2009. The Western, beginning in May, 2010, will be Labadee, Falmouth Jamaica (new port) & Cozumel Mex. Not very exciting ports.

You can find all the information here www.oasisoftheseas.com

or you can see a brochure here

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/emai...20Brochure.pdf

fitzla June 22nd, 2008 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Shark
There was a TV show on this ship about 2 weeks ago. I forget exactly what channel it was on.

It showed models of the various aspects of the ship.

Doubt there was a show on this ship a few weeks ago, since everything except the central park area was under wraps until this past wed. They didn't unveil any of this until then.