CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Luggage Tags / cruise Docs (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/353115-luggage-tags-cruise-docs.html)

B&J July 5th, 2008 02:00 PM

Luggage Tags / cruise Docs

This is our first cruise on RCCL (Mariner Aug 31st) I printed our Setsail pass, that's all I need for cruise docs. other than Passport....right? But what about luggage tags, do I k=ned thme, if so, where do I get them...lol....I apologize for my ignorance. I looked on RCCL site but didn't locate this info. Thx for your help, u guys r great :D

Irish Shark July 5th, 2008 02:12 PM

When you get to the pier, the porters will put them on for you. In the docs that you printed, there should be a luggage tag "sample". Have this handy and give it to the porter.

Jamie wants to cruise July 5th, 2008 02:17 PM

Our travel agent sent our luggage tags with our cruise booklet a few weeks before our sail date.

B&J July 5th, 2008 04:53 PM

ok, I guess my confusion is that RCCL will email me my cruise docs....right? I printed my setsail pass from their web site & it is only 1 page. I just looked at the "sample" cruise docs & it's 19 pages. So, I guess I just have to be patient and wiat for the email. :)

Irish Shark July 5th, 2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B&J
ok, I guess my confusion is that RCCL will email me my cruise docs....right? I printed my setsail pass from their web site & it is only 1 page. I just looked at the "sample" cruise docs & it's 19 pages. So, I guess I just have to be patient and wiat for the email. :)

RCI is NOT going to e-mail you anything. The docs that you downloaded is only a part of it.

My TA did not send me any luggage tags. That's why I got them at the pier from the porter.

You need to download the rest of your docs. That is where the "sample" luggage tag is that you give to the porter.

ladypalmtree July 7th, 2008 11:46 AM

They mailed me luggage tags. I booked directly with them on the phone the end of May..got my tags three weeks ago. lpt

cruisequeen July 7th, 2008 12:59 PM

I have taken the tags that are printed on your Doc's and cut them out and laminated them. Then I punch a hole in them and attach them to our luggage. Works just fine as long as you make sure all your info is on the tag.

Robbie H July 7th, 2008 01:22 PM

In all my cruises I have never used or had e-docs. Is this by request or is it part of the 21rst Century I am being drug into?

;>)

Donna July 7th, 2008 08:16 PM

You may see something from Royal Caribbean with shore excursion info and luggage tags.

I'm cruising on Princess soon and that's all I got in the mail, the rest is all e-docs, even the boarding passes I need to print out.

Be sure to have all your info put in on the Royal Caribbean site and you should be set to go.

spongebob71 July 8th, 2008 05:40 AM

me too...

I leave for my first cruise with my kids on Friday. I got the tags via snail mail along with my cruise booklet.

I am in the process of checking in online now.

FL_Cruiser64 July 8th, 2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B&J

The SetSail Pass is not part of your e-docs. If you paid your cruise off (I assume you did otherwise you couldn't print your SetSailPass) you either get your e-doc info via e-mail. It usually is just a reminder with a link to your e-docs. Or you can go to "My Cruises" and go to your cruise (much like the "SetSail Pass" and there is a tab where it says 'Cruise Documentation'. Your e-docs should be available there. If you have selected documents by mail earlier or this is your default then there is no link.

You can always call RCI reservation and tell them to send you the link the the e-docs. They can do that usually right on the phone.

The last pages on the e-docs are your luggage tags. I would use full size self-adhesive printing paper for the last page or so. Just cut them out and you can stick then around your luggage just like regular tags.

Happy sailing to you.

:D

jimt July 8th, 2008 04:31 PM

I have gotten both edocs and the booklet, seems that lately they have been sending the booklet by snail mail. It did not make any difference if I booked on-line by phone or used a TA.

B&J July 8th, 2008 09:50 PM

Thx for the info folks! I bought my tickets thru cruise.com. Spoke with them & they said they would be emailing me my docs. approx 2 - 3 weks before departure.....not RCCL since I didn't purchase from their web site. :)

Irish Shark July 9th, 2008 12:13 PM

I have never booked through any cruise line and I get my e-docs off the line's Web Site.

Sometimes, the TA also mails me a copy (sans luggage tags for RCI).

Have you tried to get your docs off the RCI site?

Lou July 10th, 2008 07:40 PM

My two cents worth...I always book w/a TA and have always
gotten cruise docs (Booklet) and luggage tags from her
about a month before the cruise!!

I hope it continues.