Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Beginner

Default Timing problem in George Town, Grand Cayman

There are two excursion events in George Town I am interested in.
According to the schedule, the first one, Cayman Underwater Observatory - GC78, starts at 9.00 am and is supposed to last one hour. Then there is the next one, Cruise, Sightsee and Seven Mile Beach Break - GC77, that starts at 10.00 am.
Is it possible to reserve both and comfortably make both? The timing is quite tight as the second one starts exactly when the first one ends.
Did anyone experience them to know if it's possible?
Thank you
Cezar
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:31 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

I wouldn't do it. Pick one and if I were you, I'd go for the beach break and just have fun. There's some pretty good port shopping too depending how long your stop is. Senor Frog's in Grand Cayman is pretty pricey.

Old July 9th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yea, I would just pick one of those, almost impossible to make the second one on time anyway.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 10th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Passenger

Here's my two cents.....
Schedule something you haven't done before and can't do just any place. In this case, for me, it would be no contest..I'd go with the Underwater Observatory. When that is over, and depending on the remaining time in port, do a self-tour. Grab a cab, tell the driver you want a 1 or 2 hour tour of the island (Cayman is small- it won't take long...you can even go to Hell and back! )- settle on a price and away you go. Depending on time, he can drop you at 7-mile beach and you can cab back to the tender location from there. If there is still time, you can walk around the shopping area as the tender area is in the midst of it.
Old July 11th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Yeoman

Book the excursion you want most now. When on the ship, ask about the other one and if you can make them both. If they say yes it´s there responsibility that you make it to the second one in time.
Old July 11th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Grand Cayman is famous for "Stingray City" if you have not done this excursion I highly recommend it. You will be able to do it through the ship or on your own. I use Captain Marvin and book in advance, but whoever you use don't miss this trip.