Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Passenger

Default Sailing on Sovereign in 11 days and have some questions!

I know that we cannot bring alcohol on board but can we bring bottled water? How would we do that, just tag it and leave with the luggage?

We booked an excursion to Atlantis to use their waterpark and beach for the day. Can anyone tell me if Atlantis has lockers for rent where we can put our belongings while snorkeling and playing in the park?

Has anyone taken a taxi from Atlantis to the Port? Can't be that difficult could it? The last ferry leaves at 5pm but the ship is in port til midnight so will probably want to stay at Atlantis until 9 or so.

My husband is military. We booked a bottom of the barrel inside cabin which was all we could afford at time. A couple of months later RCCL offered a military special and for just an additional 40 dollars each they upgraded us to the deluxe suite. Is there much difference?
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, you can tag a case of bottled water and check in with your luggage..

Havent done the Atlantis thing so dont know about lockers...

Taxis are very easy and readily available.both at the port and at Atlantis....no problem getting one when you want..

GOOD SCORE on the suites..the insides are teeny tiny(we sometimes get one just to save money),but if I could upgrade for so little I would too......you'll get more room and a balcony(and 2 Cand A credits)..

Just got off my 15th time on the Sovereign......and going once more(maybe twice) before she leaves...
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Passenger

OMG, 15 times on the Sovereign? That is awesome! This will be our first cruise ever and I am glad we are going on the Sovereign before it is retired. How was your trip this time? I hope it was good. Thanks for the info. I definately want to take a 12 pack of bottled water on board and I will have some of those crystle lite drink packs that you can add to a bottle of water. Better than buying soda. By the way, what is a 2 Cand credit? What do you like to do when you are in Nassau?
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

In Nassau,we try to do something different every time........our best was snorkeling with the sharks(Stuarts Cove).......we have done island tours, gone to Breezes, walking tour, Atlantis,etc

C and A is the RCCL membership program.......you get one credit for every cruise you take............2 for a suite and longer cruises...

Sovereign is older but to us,its still a great ship......some people may like the newer bigger ships,but to me,its all what one makes of it..
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

I hate that the Sovereign is leaving Port Canaveral. I'm sure the Monarch will be fine but we have a soft spot for the Sovereign since our first cruise was on this ship. We've been on her 5 times and would love to fit in another one before she leaves our area.
Angela Z.
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Passenger

We just got off the sovereign on Friday. It was awesome and you will have so much fun!! Make sure to go to The Quest, a game they do on the last night. Craziness!! We bought a 12 pack and just put it in our carry on, no problems. Have fun!
Old July 14th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I remember when this delightul ship was launched. Good Morning America was in Florida, and the ship sailed right behind them from where they were broadcasting, it was awesome.

It's sad when a ship like this beauty is considered old;( I must be ancient then:(

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Passenger

Thanks Latnprincess, glad to hear that you had a great time. We are so excited to go. We WILL definately go to Quest. Thanks for mentioning it. I won't forget. Just got back from shopping-again- for the cruise. I will not be able to fit all the clothes I keep buying! I could not possibly have forgotten anything at this point. It is ridiculous really. I will post a report on our experience when I return. Karen
Old July 14th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Familiar Face

I think you will like the western i have done it twice and am going again. A couple of must items to take with you are small travel iron, tide pen (must), extra hangers and a night light. Tell use all about your cruise when you get back>
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Familiar Face

Default Soveriegn brings Great memories!

My wife and I did our first cruise on the Soveriegn in 1998 and it started our love of cruising.We will certainly miss it!
Old July 16th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofmagnet
I think you will like the western i have done it twice and am going again. A couple of must items to take with you are small travel iron, tide pen (must), extra hangers and a night light. Tell use all about your cruise when you get back>
The Sovereign doesnt go to the Western Carib...it goes to the Bahamas..

and travel irons are prohibited........