Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Beginner

The metric I read on fuel economy was per passenger. An RCI news release, I believe it was an interview with the CEO, said that Oasis would use 25% less fuel per passenger. That is a significant economy of scale. If it is one more reason why there are so few small ships. BTW, Princess is still serving lobster. We had it twice during a 14 day Alaska cruise last month...on a small ship.
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Passenger

With the larger ships becoming destinations in themselves, fewer ports would be fine with me. You can only visit Jamaica so much. The same with Cozumel, the Caymans, St. Thomas, and the rest. RCCL's private islands are great (especially Labadee, weee!). I guess the truth is just put me on a ship on the ocean anywhere away from the daily rat race and frankly I'm fine. The larger ships just give you more to see and do.
RCCL C & A Platinum Members

10 total cruises on Carnival, Princess & RCCL
Next Cruise:
2009 - Undetermined yet, but looking
2010 - April 17 - Oasis OTS
2011 - Asia - THE 14 Day Big One...
Old August 19th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Passenger

For my husband and I, we go MAINLY for the ship. He has had several melanomas so we try to stay off the islands as much as possible. We LOVE the ships though.

As far as Key West..........I would LOVE to go there and wish RCCL would add that stop in their schedules. It would be one more stop and the Eastern Voyages of Liberty (for one) only stops at Labadee, San Juan and St. Maarten. They could add Key West in on the trip back.