CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Unlimited Drinks Package (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/354133-unlimited-drinks-package.html)

sharon_psu July 28th, 2008 12:20 PM

Unlimited Drinks Package

In response to a post that I had under another topic, several of you have emailed me about the Unlimited Drinks Package that I mentioned.

In order to qualify for the Unlimited Drinks Package you must have a large group cruising - for Royal Caribbean I believe you need at least 45 (double occupancy) paying cruisers. So far, for our May 2009 cruise on Explorer, we have over 90 people who have made their deposit....and the number is still climbing!!

According to our TA, our package includes; beer, mixed drinks, alcohol (top shelf brands, too), wine by the glass, speciality coffee, and soda.

This past March 160 of us sailed on Norwegian and we had their package but it did not include top shelf brands. I think that package cost more.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Mike-Suz July 28th, 2008 03:00 PM

Please forgive my ignorance here.
Am I to understand that if we book a cruise as part of a group that has over 45 double occupancy cabins, alcohol is going to be included at no extra charge? This post seriously perked my curiosity. Not that we are heavy drinkers, but this is an entirely new concept to us that we were never privy too.

(edit 1)
WOOP - I just found your original post concerning this..
light is being shed as I type!!!!

(edit 2)
Ok, now I completely understand what's going on and I have one thing to say. If I had a $1500 bar bill during a cruise, I would march myself straight to the nearest rehab center and sign in.

sharon_psu July 28th, 2008 03:46 PM

According to my receipt, the cost of the Drink Package was $448.00, which is just under $50 per day in drinks - not bad for a 9-night cruise!!

Our trip includes roundtrip motorcoach transportation (from Northeastern Pennsylvania), fuel surcharges, port charges and taxes, plus the unlimited drink package and the prices per person are:

Inside Stateroom $1,558
Oceanview $1,758
Balcony $2,058
Junior Suite $2,258

The current internet rates range from $1,217 (inside) to $2,187 (JS) so I think we're getting a pretty good deal.

skipp_r1 July 29th, 2008 01:13 PM

How do you find out about these packages. We were just on a 14 day cruise and our drink bill was $900. that included are wine with dinner two dinks each before dinner and an after dinner drink at the show on some nights. At eight dollars a drink plus tip it adds up quickly. Especially when you throw in an extra drink at sailaways from each port.

Like my wife says we normally only have one or two drinks a month at home or when we are on a land vacation, but we tend to drink too much with our new friends we meet on the cruise, but then we don't have to drive home at the end of the evening.

sharon_psu July 29th, 2008 02:28 PM

I travel with a big group of family and friends, so we're always looking for the best group prices and packages. When we don't have enough travelers in our group we look for other groups to join.

Plus I have an awesome TA.