Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Passenger

Default Pre-purchasing alcohol on RCL

I have never sailed on RCCL before. Have cruised with Princess and NCL several times. Both of those lines have programs where passengers can pre-purchase bottles of alcohol for consumption in their staterooms during the course of the cruise. Does anyone know if RCCL has a similar program?

Ray
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Ray,

I am certainly not an authority but I can tell you having cruised twice on RCI's Explorer of the Seas, I know of no such plan.

You might want to query RCI Customer Relations. I'm sure they could answer your question.

BTW, welcome aboard to Cruisemates.

Todd
Old August 2nd, 2008, 04:21 PM
Admiral

You can order wine for the stateroom, but not hard liquor.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftca...q?catCode=WINE

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old August 3rd, 2008, 03:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi,

I've purchased wine packages in the restaurants - if you have some left after your meal you can have it delivered to your stateroom or they keep it for you until the next night.

I would think room service could bring you a bottle of wine and some glasses too.
May 2009 - Brilliance of the Seas Egypt and Eastern Med
September 2008 - Serenade of the Seas Alaska
December 2007 - Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
June 2007 - Voyager of the Seas Mediterranean
December 2005 - Explorer of the Seas Western Caribbean
Old August 6th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

They do but it is expensive. Now if you have a good travel agent you might hint about is because they can order the wine for you at a big discount!!!
Old August 8th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmel21
They do but it is expensive. Now if you have a good travel agent you might hint about is because they can order the wine for you at a big discount!!!
I'm not sure where you got your information from, but I am a TA and we get NO discounts for wine purchases on RCL.
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

I'm not posting that information here but if you log into your account with them on their TA site, it's there.
Old August 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Admiral

Okay Carnival sells the bottle of hard booze. However, nothing on there website shows that they do this. RCCL maybe the same way. I suggest you call the gift dept and ask about it. (800) 722-5443. Let's us know what they say.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 8th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Thanks to all that reponded to my question. I did call the telephone number provided and was told that RCCL does not allow passengers to pre-purchase hard alcohol.

Ray
Old August 13th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Once upon a time you could have a "gift basket" containing hard liquor sent to someone on a ship (or yourself) from an outside vendor (such as JBOY). Once upon a time you could purchase a bottle of hard liquor in the duty-free shop on board and pay a "consumption" fee of $9 to take it to your stateroom. Alas, those days are gone.

You can now purchase individual drinks through room service if you want to drink in your cabin or purchase bottles of wine at ridiculously inflated prices - your choice.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Beginner

Quote:
That is definitely not true. If your travel agent told you that they were being humble or polite. The cruise lines charge the same amount to TAs to order that wine.
Old August 24th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

I am a TA and I order wine as gifts for clients at half off. Only the TA can purchase it and it is on house white and house red only. Most TA's buy gifts for their clients. If your TA does not know that you would prefer wine, they will probably send you flowers or something else. If you make your preference known, they might send you what you want. That is what I was trying to imply.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Beginner

I'm so glad I found this topic as I had never seen the Asti Spumanti on another list for the wines. I just ordered a bottle for our stateroom.
Old September 13th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Beginner

Has anyone ever bought one of their packages? Ie: Wine & Dine Gold, platinum or Diamond? Is it worth it? We do like wine. We dont consider ourselves wine snobs and are up to trying most. Do you save if you buy in advance or should we just wait and order it each night?

Also, we were looking at the soda and juice for our teenagers. I think it would be a waste but I am not sure. We are not big pop drinkers. How much is it if we just buy them when we want them?

Thanks in advance. We are all so excited. We leave on the 28th on Freedom of the Seas and this is everyones first cruise ever!
Old September 13th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Passenger

RCCL has a wine and dine package that you can pre-purchase. We purchased the Diamond Package (they have lesser ones called Gold and Platinum) and will get 12 bottles during our cruise (enough for a bottle for each dinner). You can pre-order bottles of your choosing through the "Wine Cellar" and have them delivered to your stateroom. If you order online they give you a discount of 20% over the normal onboard pricing. Look at the "Enhancements" tab online at the RCCL website.

Radiance of the Seas 9/26/2008 - Hawaii

Life is a journey...enjoy the ride!
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to ultimatevacations
Default Not true at all!

Quote:

I owned my own Travel Agency for years and now just do it on the side here and there but there was never a time Travel Agents could order bottles of wine cheaper than anyone else from our travel agent sites. I WISH!
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

What is pop ?!!!!
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to ultimatevacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburke
What is pop ?!!!!
It is what people other than us "New Englanders" call Soda....lol.