CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Need Help with Portofino Reservation (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/355276-need-help-portofino-reservation.html)

Mike-Suz August 25th, 2008 12:44 AM

Need Help with Portofino Reservation

Some advice please from anyone that knows the scoop!

I was just on the RCCL site reserving a table for 4 at Portofino's
for the November 16 Freedom of the Seas sailing. Toward the end, it asked
for my credit card information and that's when I became confused.

I don't want to pay the cost with my credit card because I will have a rather hefty onboard cabin credit account and I much prefer to pay with it that way.

I couldn't find any way to divert payment to my onboard account.
I know that my onboard account already has credit applied, I verified that
today with Royal customer service. I would like to reserve the table online in advance and not when we board. So.... before I call them back to discuss this issue... does anyone have any information I may need?

jmel21 August 25th, 2008 03:22 AM

They require the payment because they want to prevent no-shows as well as passengers hogging a bunch of reservations and then canceling. Do not worry about the onboard credit. Check your inbox on this site. I will send you a message telling you how you can fix it so your credit is not wasted.

NY Cruisin Mama August 26th, 2008 03:43 AM

Well - Hello "The Miz" !! HamburgAvonLady from cruisecritic" says HI !
Is this cruise the "dry run" for the Mariner in January ?? Just kidding, I
believe you have to wait until about 2 weeks prior to sailing before you
can make the speciality res. reservations. I also would like to know how
to use my OBC for this type of purchase. Would like to keep my cc and cash for the islands. I believe you can send me a private message.

NY Cruisin Mama August 27th, 2008 12:33 AM

Oops !! Sorry, I have you confused with another couple on another cruise
message site - golly, you could pass for his twin brother! Have a great
time - but I think you need to wait until closer to your cruise's departure to book the specialty restaurants. I may be wrong - I am sure someone
with more experience will reply. :oops: :oops:

SherryBabie August 28th, 2008 12:13 AM

Just wait to book any of the specialty restaurants when you get on the ship. Trust me, if you do it when you get there, there will be plenty of reservations left. If you do it on the web site before the cruise, you have to pay for it, as well as all the excursions. I've been paying for stuff as we get closer so we won't have a big on board expense.

I tried to book the mystery dinner theatre, but I haven't been successful, so I will have to wait until we get on the ship, Since there might be a hurricane and we they may change our ports, I'm waiting also, you just never know :-) Good luck!

IloveVegas September 3rd, 2008 01:18 PM

I make the reservation as soon as I get on board ship. Just go directly to the restaurant and make the reservation in person!

And I plan to do it again on our next cruise!