Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Oasis of the Seas - anyone priced it yet?

Hi...

As I wait for RC to verify my Crown and Anchor membership I wonder if anyone here has gone in and priced the Oasis of the Seas cruises yet?
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Admiral

I cannot price it online, but I have a list of prices for the cabin categories. I can get a pretty good idea what it costs after fuel surcharges, port fees, and taxes.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old August 25th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I got this "complete" price list - a copy of the RCI price list, from icruise:

http://www.icruise.com/imgs/oasis_pricing.pdf

I don't think it is complete, but it is all that RCI has released so far. I believe there will many different categories going forward, such as promenade view, promenade balcony, outside-view balcony, inside-view balcony (for both Central Park and the Boardwalk).
Old August 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Admiral

That's the one I have.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old August 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM
First Mate

I don't know if this is the kind of response you are looking for, but I can tell you the price of a Promenade cabin on the Jan. 23rd. sailing. I booked it for $2431
Old August 25th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Prices for the inaugural cruise. Not all cabins, just what was reported on another site.

AquaSuite---12271.16

CL(Crown Loft)---11431.16

OS(Owners Suite)---9871.16

GS(Grand Suite)---7671.16

JS(Junior Suite)---4871.16

D1(Balcony)---4171.16

D2 (Balcony)---4071..16

D5 (Balcony)---3891.16

D8 (Balcony)---3691.16

B1(Boardwalk Balcony)---4151.16

B2(Boardwalk Balcony)---4011.16

C1(CentralPark Balcony)---3951.16

C2(CentralPark Balcony)---3811.16

PR(Promenade)--3529.16

Cat L(interior) ---3176.16

Solo
CV(CentralPark View)--3196.16

Cat L(interior) $2855.58
Old August 25th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Admiral

Different sail dates have different prices. Best to check with a rep.
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

As stated, those prices are only for the inaugural 12 December 2009.

Every other cruise will have different rates and RCI has not posted complete rates anywhere, yet.

Somebody called and said they couldn't put their Oasis cruise in their My Cruises page and were told the reason was the Oasis doesn't exist yet.
Old August 26th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

The prices for the maiden voyage are high but not as high as cruise #2 (Christmas) and #3 (New Years). Prices drop drastically in January. I prices out several and found them on par with Freedom in its early booking stages. It is 1 1/2 years out. A lot can change and there are many speculators sniffing around. The week of Dec 12th is usually a very weak booking time as most people do not want to take time off between Thanksgiving and New years. Freedom on the other hand debuted in June a traditionally strong sailing time. I was able to book my parents 4 weeks out for an ocean view ( deck 3) for about 1100 per person total. I originally priced the same cabin for them at 1400 each in the early stages. It might sell out, but not as quickly as anyone thinks. The time for deals if there are any will be around the 1st week of October next year when all the speculators have to pay up in full. My suggestion, If you absolutly have to go on Dec 12th, book a cabin. Make sure you have a cooperative TA who will be willing to rebook at a lower fare without giving you any BS. Then keep an eye on the fares. As soon as you see a refuction in your category, ask for the repricing. You can even be repriced after final payment or upgraded to a better cabin as long as you have a good TA. Remember they work for YOU!
Old August 26th, 2008, 03:30 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama

I find it interesting that the prices are very high during the summer months - one would think that most people living in US and Canada
would NOT want to vacation in the very warm Caribbean in July and August. Curious ???

Mariner of the Seas - Jan. 2009 Around the Horn B2B - 30 days

Future Floats: Jan. 2011 - Rotterdam - Hawaii/Tahiti - 30 days

The breaths you take are nothing compared to the moments that take your breath away !!
Old August 26th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Cruisin Mama
I find it interesting that the prices are very high during the summer months - one would think that most people living in US and Canada
would NOT want to vacation in the very warm Caribbean in July and August. Curious ???
NY Mama when there is no school the rates are always higher and that is on all cruiselines. Many families do not pull the kids out of school to vacation so they are restricted to summer and no school holidays.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Admiral

My co-worker is a TA and she sent me a price list for Oasis. However, the prices change every tuesday. Sept 2010 to Nov 2010 seem to have the best prices. With the expection of Thanksgiving week, which was quite a bit higher. Standard Balconies (not suites) in the $989 to $999 range. Thanksgiving week $1,389. I have never cruised during hurricane season is it bad?

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 26th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
In the winter there is three to four times the amount of inventory available in the Caribbean. Once April hits, many ships move to their summer homes in Europe and Alaska. With less cabins to sell and as cruisequeen mentioned, kids are out of school. June is particularly high for three reasons: many families use cruises as graduation celebrations, Lots of honeymoons for June weddings and Hurricane season starts in July.
Cheapest times to go are September, first two weeks of Dec and last 3 weeks of January for the Caribbean.
Old August 26th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
I have never cruised during hurricane season is it bad?
Most of Hurricane season is quite lovely, especially late October and November. Except for the OBVIOUS bad weather during a storm, this is some of the best weather we have in Florida during the year. Considering half of the year is hurricane season, it really should not be a factor. Most of the really damaging storms occur in late August and early September. By late October the water has started to cool and so storms usually will not grow as large. this is not to say that there are no exceptions to the rule. Most storms travel no more than about 15 knots. Ships travel at 20 and above. Combined with the fact we know exactly where a storm is located, ships have plenty of warning and time to get out of the way. No Cruise line would ever allow one of their ships near a storm.
The ways passengers are affected is by itinerary changes, loss of ports and in rare cases, changes to the embarkation or debarkation points and length of cruise.
Last week Port Canaveral was closed on Thursday so Disney and Carnival had to have their 4 day ships come in at Ft. Lauderdale. They bused passengers back and forth. They also worked with passengers who needed to make changes for airline tickets whether or not they were purchased through the cruise line. Usually in a case like this, the passenger will not get any additional compensation since the cruise was not altered other than the debarkation point. By Friday it was back open and RCI Sovereign was completely unaffected by any part of the storm. All three ships were far enough out to sea during the entire storm and suffered no ill effects.
This week several other Carnival and RCI ships had to alter course to avoid Gustav. Mariner for example will sail it's eastern run this week instead of Western. This happened to me once during Dennis in 2005. No big deal except that there were a lot of ships in Nassau that week.
Changes to ports can occur after a storm as well. If the island sufferers extreme damage it may be closed for a period of time. Ships will then alter the itineries ahead of time. As part of their cruise contract they are not required to offer any compensation. Should a schedule change happen while you are onboard, the captain will usually try to do something for the guests like a free happy hour.

Cruises almost never get canceled. There have been a few incidents in the last few years where a ship had to stay out a day or two longer or was cut a few days short but that is very rare. In those cases passengers are compensated. Some feel the compensation is more than fair while others may not and blame the cruise line for an act of god.

The only problems I see with going in that season are for people who have to fly to the port, have no flexibility on their vacation time or who are planning an event such as a wedding in one of the ports. For Florida and south Georgia residents this is a great time to cruise. We don't have to worry about canceled flights and as long as you can reschedule vacation time should the cruise get canceled ( almost never happens), it is really risk free.

For passengers not within driving distance of the port, you must make an educated guess. If you are flexible with dates and times, then book during August or Sept for the best rates. I do recommend travel insurance for those folks just in case the airlines cant get you there in time. The ship might still leave perhaps from a different port, even if the airport is closed. Booking late September and October is less risky as is early August. November storms are rare for Florida but they can still mess with the gulf that time of year.
If any one has any questions, feel free to email me.
Old August 26th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Yeoman

Price list has been out for more than a week now. My TA sent it to me last week.

Is everyone here aware of the unveiling today? Seems that cruisemates is a little behind on things, so I just thought I would make sure.
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Thanks Jmel21 great information. My hubby's birthday is in October so that is why I was thinking October. I live in the west coast so most of my cruise have been out of the west coast ports. I don't have kids and work for the government so my work schedule is flexible. However, I would probably want travel insurance or to book airfare through the cruiseline if I'm cruising out of Florida during Hurricane season just in case the ship is delayed a day at sea. On extra day on a cruise ship sounds great.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 26th, 2008, 05:03 PM
First Mate

Default Boardwalk View

I booked on the first day available and for us it was $2,150.00 per person for a Boardwalk View Stateroom with Balcony - B1. This is 2 cabins from the end closest to the end cabins. This was for the inaugural cruise on 12/12/2009
Old August 26th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Fitzla - seems all you read is the message boards. Our newsletter has been talking about the unveiling for two weeks. Anyway - no reason to be smug about it. I was in Alaska all last week and completely out of touch.

sshhh...

don't tell anyone, Here are the deck plans: http://www.cruisemates.com/video/OasisDeckPlan.pdf
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

8-26-08
Oasis of the Seas: Bookings Open to ALL Crown & Anchor Members
Adam Goldstein just announced that bookings are open to ALL Crown and Anchor Society members effective immediately. It was previously announced that privilege would be held untl August 28th, but that was just changed tonight, Aug 26.

Anyone who has ever cruised with Royal Caribbean qualifies as a Crown and Anchor Society member.

Oasis of the Seas: Two New neighborhoods Revealed
Royal Caribbean just announced the details of two new neighborhoods on Oasis of the Seas; the top pool deck and the spa area.

The pool deck contains many amenities, seemingly something for everyone, from a comprehensive water park for the children to an adults-only solarium with cantilevered hot tubs and a swim-against-the-current swim pool. There will be Flo-riders (not the rumored three) but they will be the biggest ever built. There are two regular swimming pools with an adjacent restaurant and bar called the "Wipe-Out Restaurant" and "Wipe-Out Bar."

The children's water park is centered around a huge octopus-representative structure that has slides, water jets and wading pools. It looks very similar to the facility on Freedom of the Seas. There are two minature golf courses in the renderings, so where it is located is hard to say now. The one on a lower deck appears to be close to something like a "beach-pool" which looks like a small wave pool - not suitable for surfing, but it does appear to have something like a beach where the water-level declines gradually.

The adults-only Solarium is two-decks tall and is completely enclosed within glass walls for a greenhouse effect in any kind of weather. It is at the far forward portion of the Pool-Deck with commanding views over the bridge. It is adults only, and it has not yet been announced whether there will be a service charge. It also includes a Solarium Restaurant with healthy-choice entrees available for lunch and dinner. The Solarium will have live plants and temperature control.

The two all-ages pool areas (port and starboard) are behind the Solarium. There are hot tubs as well as large pools. Deck loungers surround the pools in tired levels. The Wipe Out Restaurant and Bar are in this are as well. The sports areas iinclude basketball courts on the top decks and a nine-hole miniature golf course on the Central Park level of the ship.

The zip line begins at nine-decks tall from a crossover suspended high above the AquaTheater. The rock-climbing walls begin on the deck adjacent to the AquaTheater and climb six decks all the way to the Pool Deck.

The Spa is two decks tall (decks five and six) with its fitness center, boxing ring and a health-conscious restaurant.

Other items revealed:

Though it wasn't discussed, details about the main dining room were revealed. It will be four decks tall and will have two seating times.

A new restaurant called Called "150 Central Park" is in Central Park and will have a concept to be discussed in the future.

Some of the two-deck Loft Suites will be located high up adjacent to the Viking Crowne Lounge on decks 17 and 18.

While we do not seem a main theater in the deck-plans , Adam Goldstein did say that the AquaTheater will be a spectacular nighttime entertainment spot. The main theater would have to be huge and almost impossible to hide on the deck plans, so there does not appear to be one. is this such a surprise? Not really, it appears to be the trend of the future.

One thing Oasis will not have is indoor balcony cabins as CruiseMates thought we detected in the early renderings. Why not? We can't say.