Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Passenger

Default need some answers, please.

Since I am first time cruiser but have been on this board, reading everyone's post for several months I am starting to have some questions. You can see by my signature when and what ship I am sailing.

According to my TA, we will start our LB drill between 4-5 p.m. because we are to set sail at 5 p.m. She says our lifejackets will be in our room and also info on the muster station we should go to. WHEN does the sail away party begin?? Does every ship have one? What about parade thru Pomenade? I have seen pictures and heard about the parade; something about at night maybe. I have also seen pictures posted here about the Quest?? what is that, when does it happen and does it happen on 3 night cruise? Any other exciting parties I shouldn't miss. I hear Saturday night will be formal night so what night would the crew put on their show, have you up singing and dancing with them? I have talked to several people who have cruised and they tell me about all this plus reading, seeing pictures from here.

Am excited to get going on my very first BUT not last cruise.
Old August 29th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Yes, your life jackets are in your cabin, with instructions..but the staff will be there to let you know where to prcede to......sailaway usually begins thereafter, but I have sailed away on some ships, during muster...

Your ship does not have a promenade, it has an atrium, so, no parades.

With Quest, the less you know, the more fun you will have, so I am not going to spill the beans:)

Have a ball!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 29th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: need some answers, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojans
Since I am first time cruiser but have been on this board, reading everyone's post for several months I am starting to have some questions. You can see by my signature when and what ship I am sailing.

According to my TA, we will start our LB drill between 4-5 p.m. because we are to set sail at 5 p.m. She says our lifejackets will be in our room and also info on the muster station we should go to. WHEN does the sail away party begin?? Does every ship have one? What about parade thru Pomenade? I have seen pictures and heard about the parade; something about at night maybe. I have also seen pictures posted here about the Quest?? what is that, when does it happen and does it happen on 3 night cruise? Any other exciting parties I shouldn't miss. I hear Saturday night will be formal night so what night would the crew put on their show, have you up singing and dancing with them? I have talked to several people who have cruised and they tell me about all this plus reading, seeing pictures from here.

Am excited to get going on my very first BUT not last cruise.
You will find your lifejackets on your bed in your cabin when you board and are given access to your cabin. On the back of your door, as well as on the lifejacket itself will have your muster station on it. The directions to your muster station is also on the back of the cabin door. You will begin to hear announcements for the muster/LB drill around 3:30pm. You will need to be at your muster station by 4pm. The drill shouldn't take any longer than 10 - 15 minutes, depending on how many passengers think they can skip the drill and how long it takes the crew to round those passengers up.

The sail away party is not really an organized affair on a 3-night cruise. Passengers will congregate on the deck after they've put their lifejackets away in their cabins with drinks in hand and watch the ship leave port and wave to anyone they pass on the way out of the harbor.

You will have one formal night, and probably on the last night of the cruise, the dining room staff and all the chefs will come out for some kind of singing event. The Sovereign OTS does not have a Promenade, so there will not be a promenade parade on this ship. The Quest and any other event your intersted in will be listed in the Cruise Compass which has the ships entire schedule of events and all the information you will need including times and places for everything going on. You'll get a Cruise Compass for the 1st day when you board, and you'll get a Cruise Compass for every day you sail.

Have a great cruise!!!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old August 30th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

All I can say is if you are a guy do not go commando or wear tighty whities the first night of the cruise. You will find out shy at the quest. If you are a lady , wear an easily removable bra.
Old August 30th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Admiral

Geo, that is a really neat avatar! Bob
Old August 30th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Passenger

Default Re: need some answers, please.

From a fellow Georgian, welcome to the most addictive world of cruising geojans!

It looks like everyone has been nice enough to answer your questions but I will add this... Don't ask any thing else about the Quest. Just go and get involved. Take Jmel's advice (well done...) and sit down as close as you can. You will have a blast! I've been to many Quests and each one is unique in its own way. But all have had the crowd in tears of laughter at some point. My DW somtimes does not want to go, but leaves saying that was the best Quest yet!

If you have other cruise questions, throw them out here. One or more of us will be happy to answer them. Don't be bashful or think anything is too dumb a question. We have all been there.

Have a GREAT cruise and we will look forward to hearing from you when you return. Remember the next best thing to cruising, is hearing about someone elses cruise. It's the best advertisment RCL can buy... hey wait... maybe RCL should be paying us...
RCCL C & A Platinum Members

10 total cruises on Carnival, Princess & RCCL
Next Cruise:
2009 - Undetermined yet, but looking
2010 - April 17 - Oasis OTS
2011 - Asia - THE 14 Day Big One...
Old September 1st, 2008, 07:40 AM
Passenger

Default THank you for the answers

You CruiseMates are wonderful!!!!

Thank you all for your answers and help making me feel even more excited. AND you will hear from me when I get back. I plan to post lots of pics and tell everyone what a wonderful time I had.

One of the best things about this trip is the trip to port and back. I booked this cruise thru a travel group in a West GA town that I have relatives in and am going with them. (I lived in that town for a while) We will be leaving on Thursday a.m., 9-25, to travel by their bus to Cocoa Beach to spend the night before embarkation. They will deliver us to port and then pick us up when we disembark. We have the pleasure of sleeping all the way home while someone else does the driving. We don't have to worry about airline junk or nothing.

To me this is next best thing to living in FL. OH yeah, it is the even better than living in FL, we don't have to worry about our cars being parked somewhere for 3-4 days. Just can't help rubbing it in. I'm evil!!
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Have a great cruise Geo!

Seems like Geo is keeping an "Eye" on us!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Sovereign of the Seas is one of my favorites! When cruising out of Port Canaveral, be out on deck. All the peeps at the waterfront bars along the way to sea will be out waving and blowing horns. 8)

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:40 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Seems like Geo is keeping an "Eye" on us!
Wow! Don't you like that icon?

Next Cruise:
Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Passenger

Speaking of icons....

I know a Clemson Tiger paw when I see one (class of '75)

Some good news and some bad new from last week's sports world.
1. The crushing defeat by Alabama
2. Julie Coin (ranked 188th and has a degree in mathematics) defeated Anna Ivanovic (#1 seed) at the US Open Tennis tourniment.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Passenger

[quote="C-Tiger"]Speaking of icons....

I know a Clemson Tiger paw when I see one (class of '75)

Well I'll be... I'm class fo '75 as well FM major.

Good news: She is one heckuva tennis player, bad news... well.... Citadel this week?

Next Cruise: