Old September 6th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Passenger

Default Radiance of the seas september 26/2008

We are leaving San Diego sept 26/2008 for a hawaian cruise and wedding.we were wondering if there were other people leaving the same time or if you just had been on radiance, looking for an overall rating.

Regards
Dave
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Captain

Default Radiance OTS

You will love the Radiance. We've sailed on all the ships in the Radiance class, and they are great. We did a San Diego-Hawaii-San Diego cruise on a sister ship, Radiance, last October. We had an aft cabin, so we got the sunrise going to Hawaii, and the sunset on the return.

We did back-to-back cruises on Radiance this past March. In the 17 cruises we've had with Royal Caribbean, we have been on Radiance class ships 11 times, and have three more booked on Jewel, a sister ship.
Old September 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Passenger

Wow you have a lot of cruises under your belt, this will be our first cruise and we are kinda excited and wonder with some worry that everything will go as planned, this will be our wedding/honeymoon and we are hoping it will be the wedding of a lifetime, is there a lot of night life onboard? we do like to dance and we are hoping that there will be lots of people onboard that do also.and when the trip is over we have an early flight out of there and were hoping our flight does not get missed. but overall i think it will be a good one i will try anyway lol.

Thank-you
dave
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Captain

Default Hawaii Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmercer
Wow you have a lot of cruises under your belt, this will be our first cruise and we are kinda excited and wonder with some worry that everything will go as planned, this will be our wedding/honeymoon and we are hoping it will be the wedding of a lifetime, is there a lot of night life onboard? we do like to dance and we are hoping that there will be lots of people onboard that do also.and when the trip is over we have an early flight out of there and were hoping our flight does not get missed. but overall i think it will be a good one i will try anyway lol.

Thank-you
dave
I think you will find a mix of ages on this cruise, probably tending toward 50 + years old. Probably few kids - they should be in school.

As to night life....we're beyond that stage. However, there should be something that interests you. Check your daily Cruise Compass for activities.

Be sure to attend the Quest! It's probably the funniest thing we have seen in all our years of cruising. I'm not going to tell you what Quest is - just be sure to attend. Watch for it in the Cruise Compass.

I hope you bought trip insurance. You have a very early flight out of San Diego, and if there's any delay in getting back to port, you may miss it. Fortunately, the port is near the airport.

Don't want to scare you, but last year when we did the Hawaii cruise on Serenade (not Radiance), we had to turn around and go back toward Honolulu so a sick passenger could be taken off by helicopter. Even though we went at full speed after the airlift, we were still late getting back to SD, missed our flight, and it cost us $756 in additional airfare. This was the first (and last) cruise when I didn't buy insurance. If you can change your return flight with no penalty, you may want to consider that.

You can request to be in the first group getting off when you dock. Forms will be left in your cabin.

Have a great cruise!
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Passenger

Well thats good information thanks very much,We like to dance and i am hoping there are other people that will also, we are getting married and we will be enjoying every minute of it,It dont matter how old you are as long as you have a good time, as for the flight we will have to see when we get there we may have to change our flight time.
Old September 13th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Admiral

Dave, it has been my experience that you do get an older group of people on longer cruises. I think it has to do with having the time. I have traveled with all ages and to tell you the truth it has not made much difference. I think attitude is the key to success. Don't wait for fun to find you go after it. We went on our second cruise in 2001 after twenty seven years. We were between land vacations and friends convinced us to try a cruise. We went to Alaska, on the Regal Princess. I rented a tux and joined ever activity I could. I knew I would not like cruising, but wanted to make sure I gave it my best try. From 1973 to 2001 the cruise industry changed, we had a wonderful time and ten cruises later with two more book it is still exciting. Best wishes, see you on the 26th. Carole and Mike
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Admiral

The Radiance is a great ship. I love the glass walls as you ride the elevator.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old September 14th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Passenger

Carole and Mike
Thanks for the advise, I am for sure going to give it my all, and we are really looking foward to it,And i am use to ships just not that kind.
I spend 6 Months a year on one in the middle of the Atlantic in all kinds of weather.This cruise will be a sail into hevan for me as my ship is an oil rig called the Terra Nova FPSO you should google it it is interesting.
as for this cruise i am looking forward to it and all the people on it.
I hope to see you all on board. ONLY 12 more sleeps.

Regards
Dave & Tracie
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Pootersdad, thats why you should always purchase insurance. Things happen and the insurance will help correct the problem when they arrive. I am getting older and most medical coverage won't pay to have you removed from a ship if something bad happens. Extra air fare is nothing compared to a helicopter ride off the ship. Insurance is one of those things you purchase and hope you never have to use. Sorry you missed you flight. Mike
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

i was on the Brilliance in June, another Radiance class ship. and everyone else is telling the absolute truth-she's very nice and is one of the prettiest i've ever been on.

i hope you truly enjoy yourself
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Captain

Default Travel Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMike
Pootersdad, thats why you should always purchase insurance. Things happen and the insurance will help correct the problem when they arrive.
TravelMike:

Yeah, I know. My backside is still sore from kicking myself. This was the first time we didn't get insurance. I've told my TA to automatically add insurance in case I forget to ask for it.

Norm
Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:49 PM
Beginner

If you board at noon your room won't be ready. Just go to Windjammer on the port side (left) the varanda area. I will be there with others I have met on line.