Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Passenger

Default Concierge Lounge

Would like some information on the concierge lounge, the hours and restrictions. Are the drinks complimentary? Do they offer a variety? I am partial to Pina Coladas, wouldn't mind getting a couple of those for free, considering the price you have to pay for the suite, lol.
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:13 AM
First Mate

Hours are like from 5:30 to 8:00 or 5:00 to 8:00 pm ...never saw pina coladas there...........but all drinks are free...it's a nice place to stop before dinner or after dinner depending on your seating. I beleive the age is for 18 and up...You can only get in with a key..Also, you can get movies to bring back to your room. Not sure of the other perks but I'm sure someone on here can help...oh yeah they can get you reservations.

Hope this helps enjoy
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

they will make anything you want and are very friendly! Enjoy. Its a great perk and you paid for it one way or another.
Old September 8th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

The Concierge Lounge is open 24/7. The Concierge has hours in the morning and evening. Drinks are free from 1700 to 2030. They are basic well brands or next shelf up. They also have wine. They do not mix drinks like pina colodas.
There is a 24 hour coffee machine with capucinno, espresso, hot water/tea bags and regular/decaf coffee.
There's a continental breakfast with various items. Also bagels, toast, muffins, donuts, juice, etc.

In the evening there are hot and cold hor d'ouvres along with the free drinks.

The Concierge can make reservations, do faxes, has ice show tickets, might have tender passes, and anything else a Concierge does.

Kida are allowed in until 1700. After that 18+ only.
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Admiral

Didi is the concierge on the Adventurer of the Seas and she does a fantastic job! Bob from CT
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Captain

We were in the lounge with Didi in June on the Adventure. She
is quite a personality and is a great hostess and makes sure
everything has what they need and enjoys themselves.

She helped us out with a few items when we were off on
a shore excursion. We just dropped in, left a note on her
desk, and when we returned the request was handled.

I love this perk.
Old September 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Concierge Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnielee
Would like some information on the concierge lounge, the hours and restrictions. Are the drinks complimentary? Do they offer a variety? I am partial to Pina Coladas, wouldn't mind getting a couple of those for free, considering the price you have to pay for the suite, lol.
We had Concierge Lounge access on our last Freedom cruise. DW and I would stop by prior to dinner and have a pre-dinner drink. Some of the people we ran into there that week were amazing. On that cruise alone... DW and I talked to a gentleman and his wife - both very, very nice - turned out to be the owner of the Miami Dolphins. We also met Gloria Estefan who was on the same cruise with her kids. And, if that were not enough, the top name entertainment that week was the Osmonds. Wayne Osmond was in there many many times day with his kids and well as with his brothers Merrill, Jimmy and Jay. Jay even recognized me and apologized for inadvertently spitting on me while DW and I were sitting in the front row of their show the night before. Very nice man. DW was upset that Donny was not there...oh well. It was a real treat to see these guys as fathers and husbands for the few days they were aboard. And every one of these folks were just as nice and down to earth as your next door neighbor.

So there are definitely perks to the Conceirge Lounge beyond the food and drink!
RCCL C & A Platinum Members

10 total cruises on Carnival, Princess & RCCL
Next Cruise:
2009 - Undetermined yet, but looking
2010 - April 17 - Oasis OTS
2011 - Asia - THE 14 Day Big One...
Old September 8th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Passenger

My son-in-law is a beer drinker. Do they serve beer in the lounge? Can you get soda & bottled water also?
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Captain

Yes, they have beer and soda. Not sure about bottled water.

Hobie, we've never seen celebrities, but will certainly keep an
eye out now.
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou
Hobie, we've never seen celebrities, but will certainly keep an
eye out now.
I'll be the first to admit, we hit the jackpot on that cruise! I even got to dance with Gloria at Boleros one night!!!! I swear it reminded me of a USO full of GIs with only one girl in the house. But she was super!!!
RCCL C & A Platinum Members

10 total cruises on Carnival, Princess & RCCL
Next Cruise:
2009 - Undetermined yet, but looking
2010 - April 17 - Oasis OTS
2011 - Asia - THE 14 Day Big One...
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Admiral

Didi has been on the Adventurer for some time now. She does a fantastic job. Wrote a nice comment about her on the passenger survey and also sent a note to RCCL offices about her great customer service. Bob
Old September 9th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on Adventure back in December and Didi was fantastic. She was the most personable Concierge that we've sailed with. She was friendly and joked around with us. She booked us into a tour of the bridge and we actually ended up sitting with the Captain in his quarters talking with him after the tour.

The postings by everyone else so far have covered what's in the Concierge Lounge and when they are attentended to by the Concierge, but I'll just add that we did once ask for a blended drink and they don't do frozen or blended drinks. Just mixed drinks, soda, beer, wine....and we did also get bottled water.

Adventure-12/03 S.Carib;Explorer-12/04 W.Carib;Jewel-12/05 W.Carib;Serenade-7/06 Alaska;Rhapsody-12/06 E.Carib;Adventure-12/07 S.Carib;Radiance-10/08 Pan.Canal;Splendour-8/09 Greece;Oasis-8/10 W.Carib;Navigator-12/10 W. Carib;Liberty-2/11 W.Carib;Mariner-6/11 Med.;Brilliance-2/13 E.Carib.