Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:51 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama
Default OnBoard Credits

I am receiving OBC both from TA and RCCL (stockholder benefits) for my
Mariner of the Seas cruise next Jan.'09. Is there anyway, I can see if
it has been posted to my account? should I call or can I access this info
online?? Would feel a lot better if I could "see" the amount posted somewhere in my reservations. Thanks.

Mariner of the Seas - Jan. 2009 Around the Horn B2B - 30 days

Future Floats: Jan. 2011 - Rotterdam - Hawaii/Tahiti - 30 days

The breaths you take are nothing compared to the moments that take your breath away !!
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You can try, but you usually don't see the credit until you are onboard. You can ask your travel agent if its been applied.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Captain

Default On Board Credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
You can try, but you usually don't see the credit until you are onboard. You can ask your travel agent if its been applied.
Or, you can email Royal Caribbean, give them your name, sailing date, reservation number, and name of ship, and they will tell you.
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Passenger

I don't know how Royal Caribbean does it but when we sailed on Carnival Liberty in June the OBC came thought a day or so after we provided proof of stock ownership. The credit actually showed up on our e-documents prior to sailing.
We are hoping RCL stock goes down because we are booked on the Majesty of the Sea for October and we wanted to purchase stock.
While on the Liberty, they had a promotion, if you gave a deposit of $100 for a future cruise you would receive an additional OBC for $100 for a seven day cruise. This is good for five years and completely refundable. While on board I asked if this could be combined with the stockholder benefits but they did not know. When I returned I s/w my cruise consultant and he indicated they could be combine because they were two separate promotions. Don't know if RRI has a similar promotion, but a $200. OBC wouldn't be bad.
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:49 AM
First Mate

We just purchased 100 shares of the RCCL stock to take advantage of the shareholder benefits this last July. The minimum # of shares is 100 (owning more shares won't get you more benefits but you will receive a higher dividend).
The OBC's are as follows: for sailings of 5 nites or less=$ 50; sailings of 6 to 8 nites= $ 100; sailings of 9 to 13 nites= $ 200 and 14 nites or longer= $ 250. f you are doing B2B (back-to-back) cruises - each leg is
considered a separate cruise and the OBC apply accordingly. Also,
there is NO limit on the number of times you can use this benefit. For ex.
if you take 3 cruises a year = you can get the benefits 3 times. In addition to RCCL ships, this benefit also applies to Azamara and Celebrity.
(works out to $ 500 for me to spend on bling !!! yeah !!)

The breaths you take are nothing compared to the moments that take your breath away !!
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:10 PM
First Mate

I always PDF and email my onboard credit request for my Stock Option stuff to RCCL; they generally respond to me via email to confirm the credit has been applied to my sailing. I always print their email out and bring with me as evidential matter in the event the credit does not appear on my account. I've never had an issue thus far.
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

It also make take a little while, the first day, you can check your account on your cabin TV, if its not there, just wait, hopefully by the evening it will be there.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Passenger

My wife and I just got 250 OBC and when asked, they sent us an invoice via our email and when you look on it you have to look very carefully in the middle section and you will see where it says OBC on the far left side.

Carnival Paradise-2008

Old September 11th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Passenger

OBC is usually posted to your cruise account on the 2nd day. You're steward will leave a paper certificate in your room on the first day of the cruise stating how much and who or what it is from.
Mariner OTS- W Caribbean 10/08
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:10 PM
First Mate

Thanks, Gaileeh: I will definately look for that - I called RCCL this morning
and since I booked through a TA - they can't tell me anything except that
both my booking #'s are showing. Was told to contact my TA about getting
something in wrting but she has been extremely difficult to deal with in other requests (copies of invoices for our visa applications) so I will just take my paperwork along "in case".

Old September 12th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Captain

Default OBC/Travel Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Cruisin Mama
Was told to contact my TA about getting
something in wrting but she has been extremely difficult to deal with in other requests (copies of invoices for our visa applications)
Sounds to me like it's time to shop for a new travel agent.
Old September 12th, 2008, 09:52 PM
First Mate

Well, still have about 4 months before our trip so I will see how it goes. Maybe we will have a nice surprize waiting for us in our cabin when we
board ?? I already plan to get some names/phone numbers from others on this trip so I can do more comparision shopping next time. The TA is offering me a good value - it's just her attitude that could use some improvement.
Guess I am not the only client she is like this with - have had others mention her "abruptness" as well.

Old September 14th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Your stockholder OBC does apply regardless of any promotion. That is the BENEFIT.

Quote:
While on the Liberty, they had a promotion, if you gave a deposit of $100 for a future cruise you would receive an additional OBC for $100 for a seven day cruise. This is good for five years and completely refundable.
Who told you it was refundable? It is NOT and it is NOT transferable. I HATE that stupid "Next Cruise " promotion. It is a load of bull. Before this horrid trap set by RCI, you could do an open booking to get the OBC without any obligation or risk. I have been writing about this for years. Passengers book a single cabin on 3 or 4 day cruise as far out as the schedule goes (usually 1 1/2 to 2 years). The deposit is $100. When they get home their TA can change the date, change the ship even change the name on it and of course make it a double cabin at any time up to 70 days before the sailing. Customer changes mind about the whole thing? No problem, deposit is fully refundable until 70 days prior to sailing. The customer does not have to use the cruise by that time, they just have to either pick a future date or cancel it. The OBC amount they receive is for the actual cruise they take and not what was originally booked. Parents decide they no longer can cruise, but friends or family want to, res can be transferred along with OBC to anyone they want. I know hundreds of satisfied RCI cruises who book on board with this method including myself.

The cost is the same for this strategy as for the next cruise promotion. $100 deposit. OBC amount is the same: depends on the length of the cruise. Risk: Next cruise promotion: Not refundable and not transferable. Old method: refundable and transferable. .
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaileeh
OBC is usually posted to your cruise account on the 2nd day. You're steward will leave a paper certificate in your room on the first day of the cruise stating how much and who or what it is from.
I had a $100. credit from my TA and this is exactly how it was handled.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas