Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Tika
Default EOS Royal Family Suites...Help please!

Royal Family Suite on Explorer of the Seas..............Anyone have one?????Would love to hear the pro & cons etc. Getting ready to book but not sure what to do for our family 4 adults & 3 children.
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Well, the problem I see with having four adults is that two of them will be in the lovely "master" bedroom/bath, while the other two will be sharing the small "bunk" room with two of the kids and the third kid will be on the sofabed in the living room area. The two adults in the "master" area will have a nice big private bath, while the other two will be using the "hall" bath and probably be sharing it with the three kids. In other words, not a lot of comfort or privacy for two of the adults.

You do get access to the Concierge Lounge (assuming the ship you are on has one) and two cruise credits plus priority embarkation.

You might want to consider the price as opposed to three connecting cabins (well, two would be connecting anyway).
Old September 11th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Tika
Default EOS Family Cruise...Help

Gerif,
Thanks for your post. You got me thinking! I do not know what the difference in costs would be to geting individual connecting staterooms for our group or the availability. So far and not written in stone or deposited we have one Family suite to sleep 4 adults and three small children, Two triples and one single. All located next to each other on deck 8. We also got an option from our TA for 1 Grand Suite deck 10 and then 2 Jr. Suites,Quad per cabin deck 9, and Single cat M and a triple. Cost more and we would not all be together on the same deck. Wish this wasn't so difficult to put together.
I don't like the idea of our son, wife and their small children being cramped in what you call the bunk room in the FS. I was thinking there would be plenty of space in the living area to compensate for the sleeping area & we will have a third grandchild on the sofa in the
FS...........sound a bit too confusing ........I would like for every family group to be settled in their own cabins.
Old September 12th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

I would like for every family group to be settled in their own cabins.
Quote:

Tika -

I totally agree - your son's family will be great with a connecting cabin for the little ones - this will afford them some nice privacy as well. You can get one of those inexpensive little portable alarms to put on the children's door so that if one gets up during the night and tries to leave the cabin, it will sound loudly (we had them when our grandchildren were small and would come to visit - some rooms were off-limits).