Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Passenger

Default RCI Radiance of the Seas 09/26/2008

Hello Fellow Shipmates,

My husband Mike and I are sailing on Radiance on September 26. I'm a little bit worried that I have anticipated this trip so much that might feel a somehow let down when the trip actually is underway! Mike and I are in our 40's (he is 48, I'm 43) and we consider ourselves fairly active. Golf is a passion, we love old torch music from the 40's and 50's and old jazz music from the 20's and 30's. This trip is marking our 1st wedding anniversary and we are thrilled to be taking a cruise to Hawaii for our albeit delayed honeymoon at last! We've planned excursions for every island:

Kauai: Na Pali Expedition (hope to swim with sea turtles!)
Oahu: Polynesian Cultural Center
Kona: Deluxe Snorkel Dolphin Adventure
Hilo: Tropical Botanical Garden Tour
Maui: Lanai Wild Dolphin & Snorkel Adventure
& Drums of the Pacific Deluxe Luau

We also chose the Diamond Wine Package which will be a nice change from the Trader Joe's Two Buck Chuck we usually have on hand. This will be my second cruise (I took the 7 day Mexican Riviera on a Carnival Ship back in 2002) but Mike has never been on a cruise vacation. I love to dance (we'll see how often I can get Mike to play along...) and we both enjoy any activity that involves getting out into the sunshine. Oregon winters can be awfully cold and damp. Mike is looking forward to utilizing the golf simulator and I'm looking forward to hitting the spa for a massage treatment or two. I'd post a picture of us but I can't seem to figure out how to make it small enough to be acceptable to this site. I'm computer challenged!

We are both looking forward to making some new friends onboard. If we are going to be stuck together for 15 days, why not make the most of it?

Aloha!

Cindy Z

Radiance of the Seas 9/26/2008 - Hawaii

Life is a journey...enjoy the ride!
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Passenger

Hello There Cindy
Yes my soon to be wife and i will be going on the same trip, we will be getting married in maui!! on the 5th of OCT,yes it would be nice to also get to know other people on board, and you will have lots of company on the dace floor as my soon to be wife and i also love to dance.It will be a long 15 days if you do not dance. We are really looking forward to it and hope to hit some good weather. we are on deck 9 and we will most likely be the ones always on the dance floor lol. We are 36 and 42.
Old September 12th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Passenger

Default Congratulations D. Mercer and fiance!

A Maui wedding sounds wonderful! Where are you two from? Are you getting married on the beach? Mike and I had our wedding reception onboard the Portland Spirit which is a dinner cruise ship that tools along the Willamette River. We had perfect weather last September and it was an amazing time. We had family here from both Ohio and California that decided that since they had never been to Oregon they should stay for awhile after the wedding and we felt obligated to spend some time with them. We ended up just taking a few days in Hood River in the Columbia Gorge and stayed at the Columbia Gorge Hotel. The scenery was really breathtaking and we enjoyed ourselves but it was not a real honeymoon. When we returned home we started planning this Hawaii trip. Our actual wedding anniversary was September 1st and this cruise was the closest we could get to the actual date. If we see you on the ship I hope you will share the pictures you take of your wedding. We will say an extra prayer for the perfect wedding weather while in Maui! Cindy Z

Old September 12th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Passenger

Quote:
A Maui wedding sounds wonderful! Where are you two from? Are you getting married on the beach? Mike and I had our wedding reception onboard the Portland Spirit which is a dinner cruise ship that tools along the Willamette River. We had perfect weather last September and it was an amazing time. We had family here from both Ohio and California that decided that since they had never been to Oregon they should stay for awhile after the wedding and we felt obligated to spend some time with them. We ended up just taking a few days in Hood River in the Columbia Gorge and stayed at the Columbia Gorge Hotel. The scenery was really breathtaking and we enjoyed ourselves but it was not a real honeymoon. When we returned home we started planning this Hawaii trip. Our actual wedding anniversary was September 1st and this cruise was the closest we could get to the actual date. If we see you on the ship I hope you will share the pictures you take of your wedding. We will say an extra prayer for the perfect wedding weather while in Maui! Cindy Z

We are from Newfoundland, Canada it is the most easterly point in north America approx 750.000 PPL. Sounds like you guys had a good time also at your wedding.We are looking foward it only 15 more sleeps before cruise.And thanks for the prayer, I hope all the people in in Texas and surrounding area are doing well considering thier weather our heart goes out to each and everyone.
Old September 12th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Admiral

Mike and CindyZ, Carole and I will be on the Radiance September 26th. We are celebrating our Forthy anniversary and my retirement. Best wishes. Mike
Old September 13th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Passenger

Mike, Congratulations to you and your wife Carole! You have a lot to celebrate with the anniversary and retirement to boot! I have semi-retired...I was a bank manager who worked for the same bank for 18 years until we did a community project for a non-profit Christian Maternity Home. After spending a day at the home, and asking about other volunteer opportunites I found that they were desparately seeking "House Parents" to care for the 5 pregnant teens who resided there. Everyone thought we were nuts, but my husband and I felt called to step up and take the position even though we had just been married for a few months. Mike kept his job and volunteers his time after work, but I resigned mine to be the full time "House Mom". It's increadibly challenging but very rewarding work. After dealing with the elevated hormones of "our girls", we are ready for our vacation! CZ

Dave, yes we are praying for those in Texas. Lets hope that we don't end up with another Katrina and that our government steps up in an organized fashion to help those who need it without delay... CZ

Old September 13th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I think you'll love the Radiance. I was on the Brilliance in June and she is a Radiance class ship, and she is gorgeous. 12 days on her were not enough for me!

Hawaii would be awesome...I'm still working on that one

Happy sailing to you guys, I'm betting you are going to have a blast!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Cutiecat, I agree with you Carole and I were on Brillance in the Med a few years ago and I love this class of ship. Loads of glass and large without being to large. I am looking into the Legend to the Baltics next August. We were on the Emerald Princess last October and I was concerned that her size would be a problem. It was never an issue but I still prefer the sun class. Carole was on the Voyger class last year with her sister and enjoyed it very much, so I expect I will try it some time. I am avoiding the Freedom and the new floating island they are building. Happy cruising. Mike