Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to SherryBabie
Default Mariner of the Seas 9/7 - 9/14 GS #1574

Hi all,

We arrived back from our cruise to the Western Caribbean late last night. We couldn't get back any sooner because Houston was closed due to power outtages from Hurricane Ike. We did experience Hurricane Ike the first two days, we were on the extreme outter ridges of the storm with wind gusts up to 70 mph which is Category 1 strength.

For the amount of stress that is involved in cruising during this time of year, I won't do it again. We were constantly worried our cruise and/or ports would be cancelled and as it turns out The Cayman Islands were and we ended up in Monitigo Bay Jamaica instead of Ocho Rios.

The ice show was fanstatic and the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers were great. The guys singing on this cruise Aarom will be finishing up taking a break and going to the Adventure of the Seas soon. The comedian's were "ok" I've seen better. We did participate in the 70's Disco party, the free salsa dance lessions and the Quest. I was the team captain and we won! I'm so competitive, yes I only got a t-shirt .....

Cozumel was beautiful and we did get quite a few items at Del Sol. Although they seem to be a little small right now (I'm sure it's from the week of cruising. We relaxed and had the time of our lives until we arrived at the airport to find out our flight had been cancelled. After standing in an hour long line, we find out everything else is booked and we are stuck. So we get our return info (leaving Orlando at 11 a.m. with a 7 hr. layover in Houston.) Needless to say that was a drag, but they did bump us up to first class, so that was great.

I'm still very tired from our ordeal, so I'm going to hit the sack. Now I need to focus on the next cruise!

SB

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Hey Girl Glad you guys had a great time!!! I wonder why our ships changed ports in Jamaica. Liberty changed from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios and Mariner did the reverse. Not that it matters to me anyway where the ship goes.

Sherry did you meet Captain Johnney What a great fun captain he is!

Thanks for the email.

Talk to ya soon.

CQ's Cruise Resume

Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old September 17th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to SherryBabie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Hey Girl Glad you guys had a great time!!! I wonder why our ships changed ports in Jamaica. Liberty changed from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios and Mariner did the reverse. Not that it matters to me anyway where the ship goes.

Sherry did you meet Captain Johnney What a great fun captain he is!

Thanks for the email.

Talk to ya soon.

Hi Mary,

I've been trying to send you an email and it keeps bouncing. Can you send me one again and I'll paste what the message I tried to send you a couple of times now. Thanks!

Sherry

Read and post cruise reviews