Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Beginner

Default How much Halloween?

I just booked our cruise for the 10/26 eastern on the Mariner. We cant wait. my only concern is that I totally didnt realize until after I booked that we would be on the ship for Halloween. Im just wondering if anyone has been on a ship that week before and how much Halloween stuff is there going on? My reason for asking is because we dont celebrate Halloween and currently are booked in an inside stateroom. If there is gonna be tons of Halloween stuff going on, we may book an outside or balcony room. This may work to my advantage! May I can talk my dh into a balcony after all! Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Passenger

I was on a Halloween cruise in...2004 on the voyager of the seas.

My wife and I's first cruise. We had no idea what we were instore for. As far as activities, they had a costume party in the Studio B on Halloween night. Wow the costumes. People went all out! It was fun to watch all the people but we felt left out because had we known we probably would have packed something to wear!

Since you do not celebrate it you could easily avoid that party. But be warned the people leave the costumes on for the rest of the night. so the dance clubs and stuff are full of dressed up people.

I can not recall if they did a trick or treat for the kids....

Even if you do not celebrate halloween for what ever reason. I do suggest going to the party. You can go as a spectator. Some people are really imaginative in their costumes. It is neat to see what people are willing to pack and wear!

Have fun
C
Old September 19th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

You can check out all holiday activities, not just Halloween, right on Royal Caribbean's website. Just click on PLAN A CRUISE, then select HOLIDAYS ONBOARD.

For Halloween, some activities listed are:
* Costume Contest
* Halloween Decorations
* Monster Bash Dance Party
* Halloween Movies
* Kids' Haunted House
* Trick or Treat for Candy
* Costume Parade
Norwegian Gem
Voyager of the Seas - X2
Empress of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Celebrity Horizon
Monarch of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Carnival Fantasy
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

We're going to be on Radiance for Halloween. We saw the info on the RCCL website but it's good to hear about it from someone who's been there personally. I'm not big on Halloween but it seems like fun just to be around the festivities.

We were on Rhapsody a couple of years ago for Christmas and even though we don't celebrate Christmas, it was a really fun day. Announcements were made about Santa's progress to the ship. Then he landed on the top deck by the smokestack. He went around the pool and spent time with the kids. It was a lot of fun.

It seems that they really try to bring the spirit of whatever holiday we may be missing by being on the ship...to the ship.

Now I guess we have to start thinking about what costumes we need to bring!

Adventure-12/03 S.Carib;Explorer-12/04 W.Carib;Jewel-12/05 W.Carib;Serenade-7/06 Alaska;Rhapsody-12/06 E.Carib;Adventure-12/07 S.Carib;Radiance-10/08 Pan.Canal;Splendour-8/09 Greece;Oasis-8/10 W.Carib;Navigator-12/10 W. Carib;Liberty-2/11 W.Carib;Mariner-6/11 Med.;Brilliance-2/13 E.Carib.