Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Beginner

Default Jewel of the seas Panama Canal

We are going on the Jewel of the Seas to Panama Canal
Any recommendations for excursions in any of the ports ie costa rica, columbia, cayman islands, etc.?
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Passenger

When are you going???

Here is a link to our group that are going on Nov. 17. The whole bunch has been talking about lots and lots of excursions and which ones are best.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...647697&page=80

Hope This Helps
Old October 21st, 2008, 06:33 PM
Beginner

It depends on your likes and dislikes. Are you going with a mate, group? any children. There is so much to do on this cruise.

My husband and I found some great jewelrey bargains in Grand Cayman. Also loved the waverunners on Labadee.

When are you going?
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Beginner

Hi SueN,

You will love this cruise. My husband and I had a great time. The islands are wonderful. We loved Playa Blanca Beach in Colombia. In Grand Cayman we wanted to do the para-sailing but ended up horseback riding at the Honey Suckle Beach Trail, it was awesome! If you want something fun to do try this. You will love Labadee as well, try waverunning and make sure you rent a beach mat to float around in the water, it is so relaxing. Make sure you get their drink special there as well, the "Labaduzee" they are great. The ship life is fun as well, we met some very friendly people who loved to party, so be prepared. I did feel a little old (I'm 50) at the dinners, most women (under 60) were wearing shorter summer dresses and I brought alot of pants suits and longer gowns. You will love the food, everymeal was great. You will have a great time - enjoy!

Mags50
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Admiral

The panama canal cruise should be so much fun!!!

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Beginner

This is an awesome cruise!! We did not do any excursions. Another couple we went with did the horse back riding on the beach in Grand Cayman and loved it. The rest of the time we did our own thing, beaches, shopping, partying and just relaxing. The ship life was so much fun. Mags50 is correct about the summer dresses, I wore slacks a couple of nights to dinner and felt out of place. Maybe because the weather is so warm. Enjoy!
Old October 24th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Beginner

I am going on the Jewel of The Seas Panama Canal 11 night cruise out of Miami on January 19, 2009. (Just 87 days from now). Can't wait.
We are stopping at Aruba, Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica and the Grand Cayman Islands. I went to Aruba last year on Empress of the Seas and totally loved Aruba. If you are into Tanzanite, there is a Tanzanite International Store about one block from Diamonds International in Aruba. I got a beautiful Tanzanite ring for a really great duty free price.
I know I will love this cruise as well. I understand that Jewell of the
Seas is a beautiful ship. I admit, I am a cruise-aholic. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Beginner

SueN,

My husband and I are going on Nov. 7th on the Jewel. Never have done the Panama , but I have been on the Jewel. It is great! Beautiful ship with so much to do, We love the pool deck and the bars and lounges, it's a great time. E-mail me @ 30nicole@live.com if you have any ship related questions, if not check back later in Nov. and I'll post something about the islands.

Nicci
Old October 25th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Beginner

We are also on the Nov 17th cruise and can't wait! We have booked excursions at all the ports except at panama city. We just can't decide. Any suggestions!
Tracy & Bubba
Houston