CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Price adjustments (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/357796-price-adjustments.html)

Debs123 October 29th, 2008 03:23 PM

Price adjustments

We booked for Freedom of the Seas for Sept 2008. We did it through the RCI website with no outside agent. On past cruise through a different cruise line we were able to get the price adjusted if the price went down. Does RCI do this ever? I have called them but no one seems to give me a straight answer. I could use some tips or advise. ( Trying to save alittle money for a special excursion). Thanks for the help :-?

thecruisequeen October 29th, 2008 03:31 PM

Yes if the rate goes down Royal does credit your card. It has happened to me many times. Last cruise the price dropped 3 times and all three times made the adjustment.

Also what I like is that Royal credit your actual credit card and does not put the difference on your seapass card. Some cruiselines credit your seapass for the amount!

Enjoy your cruise!

Freedom is a wonderful ship!!! :D :D

Debs123 October 30th, 2008 11:56 AM

Thank You Cruisequeen

Thank you Cruise Queen for the information. I usually try to call every week but the last time I called the customer service rep at RCI got testy and told me not to call anymore. Should I keep calling each week to see if anything has changed?

Thanks Again :roll:

thecruisequeen October 30th, 2008 03:27 PM

Deb,

You are cruising next Sept. so I would keep on top of the rates. Why don't you just keep checking RCCL website to see what the rate is for your cabin instead of calling. And if you do call don't take anyone's testy attitude be testy right back. :wink: 8)

Also keep in mind you are cruising during low season and come the summer and Freedom has many cabins available for your sailing the rate will start to drop. :D

For example I cruised on Liberty Sept. 6th this year only booked it about 6 weeks prior. In that 6 weeks there were 3 price drops. Each time my credit card was credited the amount. :D
My final rate was $549. when I booked it was $799.

Next time consider using a good cruise travel agent this way you also get free insurance and other perks too! :D

Royal October 30th, 2008 05:27 PM

I always use a T/A, I've never got FREE INSURANCE......and what are the other perks. I had to pay $99.00 for insurance.

thecruisequeen October 30th, 2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal
I always use a T/A, I've never got FREE INSURANCE......and what are the other perks. I had to pay $99.00 for insurance.

Royal I think you need a new TA! LOL

I always receive free insurance and they have a point system where you get a certain # of points and I pick stuff from an email they send me.
For example I recd 2158 points for a 5 nite cruise booking some choices to pick are RCCL beach towel, RCCL tote bag, bottles of wine, Red Roses, Choc. covered strawberries etc., etc.
The beach towel is less then the total points so I can get say the towel and wine etc.
Also credit amount on the seapass card for example I can have a $100. credit on my seapass card for 2158 points plus $65.00 so really getting $35. for free or 2158 points plus $160. would give me $200. on my seapass card.

I always do the seapass credit rather then the gifts.

:D :D

Royal October 31st, 2008 08:13 AM

I deal with a very large well known T/A one I know everyone has heard of, and everytime I book a cruise I pay for insurance....never heard of points either and never heard of free insurance.

Has anyone else out there been offered free insurance with a T/A....I'm not talking on line T/A. Would that be the difference?

thecruisequeen October 31st, 2008 08:34 AM

I know a few of the big cruise only websites do offer the free insurance. My T/A happens to have their office in Florida so I book by phone but they also have a website also.
Another big cruise TA I have used in the past has an office in Jersey about 40 minutes away from me I have booked with them by phone also offer the free insurance and also have a website too.
I have never booked on a website before I prefer to talk to someone on the phone.

:D :D

pepperwhite November 3rd, 2008 10:52 AM

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for this topic...

I was scanning here on Friday and when I read this one I decided to check for our cruise in January... and the price had dropped 140.00/pp for the room cate. that we had booked :shock:
so I called and upgraded to a oceanview room and still saved 120.00/pp

so again a huge Thank you to the OP! :D

Royal November 3rd, 2008 12:27 PM

I can't check to see if my price dropped on line because the cabin I have is no longer available. Is there any other way to find out?

bgsimp November 3rd, 2008 12:52 PM

I went on line Friday to RCL website. We are booked in category D1 on deck 14 for the Oasis maiden voyage. After our Diamond discount, we paid $3,970. for both of us.
Yesterday a D2 cabin on deck 6 for 2 people, is $6,071. !!!! $2,100.00 more. ( There are no more D1 cabins )

The good news is we are on the Solstice maiden voyage & just got a credit to our charge for $190.00 because the price came down. :D

thecruisequeen November 3rd, 2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgsimp
I went on line Friday to RCL website. We are booked in category D1 on deck 14 for the Oasis maiden voyage. After our Diamond discount, we paid $3,970. for both of us.
Yesterday a D2 cabin on deck 6 for 2 people, is $6,071. !!!! $2,100.00 more. ( There are no more D1 cabins )

The good news is we are on the Solstice maiden voyage & just got a credit to our charge for $190.00 because the price came down. :D

That price drop on the Solstice is great! :D

I have to tell you Bgsimp I have Countdown Clock Envy when I see your clocks!! :evil: :twisted: :-?

You are cruising on the four ships that are the love of my life!!! :D LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

bgsimp November 3rd, 2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Quote:

Originally Posted by bgsimp

That price drop on the Solstice is great! :D

I have to tell you Bgsimp I have Countdown Clock Envy when I see your clocks!! :evil: :twisted: :-?

You are cruising on the four ships that are the love of my life!!! :D LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Well, I'll just have to have a drink or 2 or 3 or 4 for you.LOL LOL
I'm always happy but especially when I get a drop in price.

ragtiki2005 November 4th, 2008 10:13 AM

Wow, you have some great cruises to look forward to! Bob

Kay_O November 5th, 2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal
I can't check to see if my price dropped on line because the cabin I have is no longer available. Is there any other way to find out?

If anyone knows otherwise please correct me on this; I don't think you will receive a price drop if your cabin is no longer available because they are full and RCI doesn't need to sell any more. The prices tend to go up as there are less rooms available in a certain class and down if they have a surplus that needs to be filled, supply and demand. Keep an eye on the prices of the higher class rooms, the prices may go down on them and you can call and upgrade.

G&V November 16th, 2008 02:44 PM

Check th price each week

Go to www.rccl.com each week and price out the exact same cruise and stateroom catagory as the one you have reservations for. If you find the price lower, call RCCL, tell them what you have seen on their website, and you will receive an immediate no hassle refund. We just called and received over $360 back on our upcomming cruise.
However, it is only that easy if you booked directly with RCCL either by telphone or online.
If you booked with a travel agent, you will have to go through them.
A travel agent may or may not automatically do it for you.
We have found RCCL to have the same prices as travel agencies and see not reason not to book direct online with the cruise line.
Hope this helps !