Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Passenger

Default DTW.....Question about the your Inspiration Cruise

Dave,

I recently read your review about your Carnival Inspiration Cruise. We just returned from our first Carnival cruise (the Fascination out of Jax) and we were not pleased at all. Everyone keeps saying we should try another Carnival ship.

We tend to like to eat the buffet more so than the dining room. Can you tell me how the Inspiration's buffet compared to that of the Sovereign or the Enchantment? The one on the Fascination was almost nonexistent. Truly about 6 items at night. There were literally two different types of cake (the same two) each night.

I would really like to try the Navigator, but we usually sail in Oct while the kids have a four day weekend, and from what I can tell right now it will be in Spain. We really had a great time on the Sovereign. Also, we would like to do something other than the Bahamas.

Also, what about activities (kid and family). The fascination had the Hairy chest but that was the only pool deck activity the whole time and the slide for the kids was only open for about 2 hours the entire 4 days.

I would appreciate any input!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Admiral

I know this was directed to DTW but I have some help for you as I have sailed Fax, Inspiration, Enchantment etc and I am a bit of a "foody", whereas, Dave is a "beery"

the Inspiration had great food when I sailed May 07, I rated the buffet just a bit better than Enchantment (I sailed on Sept 06), as the enchantment seemed to have less choices and the good stuff was always empty - in fact, the last time I sailed Inspiration there was tooo many desert choices at lunch and dinner in the buffett. had to sample many, and if they still have the brownies on room service, they were awesome; the dining room service on that cruise was at the top of the list; and we had a table of 8 that was giving them all kinds of special requests

in feb 2007 I sailed Fascination out of Miami? - the food was great, I didn't have a complaint

however, when I have sailed the 3 night cruises, it seems a bit on the "cheaper" side with all cruise lines, especially RC -
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old November 1st, 2008, 02:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Just saw this post. I had a better time than expected on the Inspiration. We ate in the dining room for dinner all 4 nights and it was very good. The appetizers were small but I usually had 2 or 3 of them. I had buffet for breakfast and it was good. Usually went in and got some pizza later in the afternoon while at the pool. Had the snadwishes a couple times. Usuallu I drink all day, take a sandwich or pizza to the cabin later afternoon and have a nap before the late dinner so I can start drinking again. I did not eat any deserts the whole time. I just don't care for them. They are too filling. I am not really into the food as much as some. I eat to live, not live to eat. I think the food on either line is just as good. That would not make or break it for me. If I was to sail a Fantasy class again, I would be sure to sail one that has had the Evolutions of Fun upgrades though. The new slides are better and it is nice that the smallish main pool area is not crowded by that slide. For the kids, I would take them RCI again though for sure.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10