Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Beginner

Default Bad room location? Grandeur

So clearly (as you can see by my signature) it has been a while since I cruised. Let's just say I was stupidly in a 4 year relationship with someone who was afraid of the ocean...

Well HOT DOG we broke up and my NEW man isn't such a wuss.

Enough background, onto the question-- we are going on a 9 night eastern caribbean cruise on the grandeur and don't mind inside cabins at all.

The question I have (since I can't remember!).... are rooms better in the front, middle, or back of the ship? I'm fine with motion but fear he may get a little seasick. What moves the least?

Currently we are looking at booking #2009 on the Grandeur-- at the very bottom and in the VERRRRY front. Bad idea?

Thanks guys.

Boy its good to be back to this lifestyle
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Captain

Not if you really want to find out what he's made of........... ;>)

OK, seriously, we love the motion but won't book anyone that even might have trouble with it at either end of the ship. Think of the seesaw and then book at/near the middle, Robbie
Old November 8th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Admiral

and have him get a patch or seasick pills just in case (better to be safe then sorry)...of course a little motion is ________ (oh never mind this is a PG board) ::

now of course, if you get him to upgrade to a suite for your first cruise it does not matter what location on the ship
Old November 8th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Admiral

one more thought..on a cruise ship there is no such thing as a "bad" room, only "bad" roommates
Old November 9th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Passenger

I would suggest an outside room if you can. Being able to see the horizon helps with the motion.
Old November 9th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Admiral

If possible, move to the lowest deck, and mid ship. As the others above noted, that's where the least motion will be felt. Go to the drug store, and buy a bottle of Meclizine, (generic Bonine) and have him take one every morning, whether he thinks he'll need it or not, and you won't have any trouble at all. (Chances are you wouldn't anyway) Congrats on finding a "real man", and I have no doubt since he is wise enough to take you cruizin' you're in for a long and happy relationship.

Ken
"SKY"
Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:18 AM
Passenger

Default front of ship Deck 7...???? should I reconsider ?????

EKKKK !!! I have just booked on the Exployer and I am right up at the front of the ship... an Oceanview Room and a inside room on deck number 7..... hmmmmm reading what is here I am thinking that this may be a Bad IDEA>... ??????

Our first stop in Bermuda.... should I be changing my room....????

yikkers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wezie
Old November 22nd, 2008, 03:27 AM
Admiral

I would give this room a try. I always wanted to try one of those front ocean front rooms. They look pretty cool from outside the ship. Bob
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Default Re: front of ship Deck 7...???? should I reconsider ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezie
EKKKK !!! I have just booked on the Exployer and I am right up at the front of the ship... an Oceanview Room and a inside room on deck number 7..... hmmmmm reading what is here I am thinking that this may be a Bad IDEA>... ??????

Our first stop in Bermuda.... should I be changing my room....????

yikkers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wezie
I wouldn't worry about this one at all. You're on a much higher deck, and on a much larger ship! Those bow ocean view cabins are pretty neat IMO. I'd stay with it. You're going to have a GREAT cruise.....

Ken
"SKY"
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Sea sickness is over rated. No big deal. I have been on Grandeur and had an iside cabin on deck 8 midship first cabin forward of the Centrum. I pick a cabin for it's proximity to the pool deck. This was one deck below the pool. I would not worry about the motion forward on deck 2, I would worry about the long walk to the elevators or stairs and the 7 deck trip to the pool deck.

Here is your 2009...

I was here in 8035...

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old November 22nd, 2008, 11:02 AM
Beginner

Thanks everyone for the advice

We went ahead and booked 2527-- but I'm constantly checking to see if we can get a better one