Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Passenger

Default Sea pass or cash

I am planning a cruise (my first) for march on RCCL Liberty of the Seas.... and I was wondering if I could pay cash instead of having everything charged to the sea pass? Oh by the way I'm Jeanne from S. Indiana and since Hubby doesn't want to go, some girlfriends have signed up to make it a girls cruise....
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

you can put a cash deposit down at the terminal but you HAVE to use your Seapass on board. if you go over the cash deposit the Purser will let you know and you can always put more on it. or you give them a credit card at the embarkation terminal, you still use the Seapass on board, then they charge your credit card at the end of the cruise.

hope this helps. have a great time!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Passenger

Yes this does. I will do this, less shock that way. Thanks for the input...
Old November 13th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Since you are going with friends, you can also each set up your own seapass with credit card or cash. Just easier to keep track of your own purchases.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 13th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Passenger

Yes we have talked about that. I don't know if they intend to use a cc but I would prefer to pay cash up front if it is possible. This has been a dream of mine and hopefully all the plans will be final by 1st December... Thanks for the input. I need all the help I can get.
Old November 13th, 2008, 10:07 AM
First Mate

Hi!
You can check your account on TV everyday it is easy.
Nice cruise,MTL
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am surprised anyone has cash after these market conditions the last couple months!
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Admiral

Its always a good idea to check your account a few times before the cruise ends. Cruising with Royal Caribbean, they make it very easy and convient to check from your cabin TV.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 13th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Passenger

:evil: I have been fighting the Social Security Disability board for over 3 yrs. and this is a present to me. I have finally been granted my full disability and I will receive 3 yrs. of back pay, so I am going to treat my self to a cruise. Now I am just waiting on the money which I should receive by Dec. I have no idea what I am doing but I am sure that I am going to LOVE it. I don't know if I will be able to take another cruise but I am going to do this one up right. I have family that have gone on several and they told me that since I won't be spending much time in the cabin I really shouldn't get a JS but that is what I want and I am going to try to get one! I am a planner (everyone comes to me to plan everything) so I really like to be informed! I research everything to pieces and I have decided on the cruise I want to take. I have been planning this for over a year so as soon as the money is in the bank I am off to the travel agent. Is it better to go local or plan directly with RCL? Just asking again! Full of questions but have very little answers.Thanks again for the responses
Old November 13th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Admiral

Hi Crane,
I would suggest a good cruise travel agent, especially being your first. I still only use a travel agent, just makes good sense. There are some that do our group cruises, you can go into that section and contact her if you want. Its always nice to be able to call or e-mail your agent with questions or concerns...

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 13th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Passenger

I have talked to one already and she seemed really nice. I went with my cousin a yr. ago (she was planning on flying to Hawaii and ended up booking a cruise!) and the travel agent did answer all "our" questions to the best of her ability. I learned from cousins cruise about the on line boarding pass and things like that. I did the downloading since cuz doesn't have a computer. Thanks again. I feel so much better with the imput I have been getting.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 13th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Passenger

Do you use cash or would travelers checks be best to use when off ship?
Montego Bay, George Town, Cozomel
Thanks Jeanne

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 14th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Crane,
You can use either, both work along with credit cards too.

Message Boards Moderator