Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to acada246
Default Rhapsody of the Seas ordinary review on Australian Cruise

I have just returned from an 11 day cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas in Australia. I would have to say that it was a mixed experience. The food was great and the service in the cabins and restaurants was good, but the price gouging on onshore tours and drinks onboard was unconscionable- the prices for drinks were 5 times what they are onshore in Australia and any alcohol you bring onboard is confiscated with a reason that it is against Australian regulations- I have checked since returning and this is a blatant fabrication unfortunately. On the positive side we were in a suite and it was serviced well and was a good size- but all in all would not recommend RCI until they decide to review their very high prices on excursions and drinks.
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Hope y'all are enjoying her. WE really miss the Rhapsody here in Texas.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old November 25th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the heads up - we are leaving on Sunday 11/30 for the 11 day OZ cruise along the Great Barrier Reef. I agree with you on the price gouging on the excursions, from my research the same excursions onshore were much cheaper, but because of the short amount of time onshore I was reluctant to venture off on my own.

Thanks for letting us know about RCCL's policy of taking liquor, I had been planning on buying Australian Wine to bring home for Christmas gifts. nix that.

Free Cruise Clocks